jis4judy posted:

Good Saturday Morning

weigh in 154

Breakfast
2 soft boiled eggs
1 slice pumpernickel toasted
3.4 oz orange
1 C black coffee

I will be walking today yesterday I did weigh lifting 21 minutes no rest between sets
so it was a no walk day I did do a lot of shopping anyway \

Dinner plans are sweet potato broccoli baked chicken breast side salad

the usual stuff in the evening nuts fruit etc

I really liked the avocado in the chicken salad in place of most of the mayo it is healthy fats that way
and it makes a bonus flavor punch
here is my recipe for chicken salad

2 Cups diced cooked chicken breast
2 carrots grated
2 stalks celery chopped
about 1/4 C chopped walnuts
a sprinkle poultry seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
I mix half of a very ripe avocado with 2 Tablespoons real mayo
add to the mix and stir
this is really good
this makes about 4 sandwiches maybe 5
I like it on pumpernickel

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
Good morning , Judy.
Nice basket of goodies you gave us this morning. Thank you!

AM weight, 196.4

Breakfast
1/4 c oatmeal w/ blueberries
1 PAM fried egg over easy and 4 tater tots

Lunch
Banana/broccoli slaw/spinach smoothie w/ 1/2 c Peach Mango Sunny D and water as the liquid

Dinner
1 Cheesy tilapia fillet
Oven crisped ranch zucchini slices
1/2 heart healthy pita, cut into triangles, crisped in oven w/ 1/2 med avocado w/ cumin

It's going to be a beautiful day, here. I hope everyone has one of their own.

Huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

ausgram responded:
Hi Judy and Kim - man, I woke up feeling groggy. Must be the weather. Going to be hot today. I don't do well in the heat. Bring on the snow. Ha.

Weigh In - 185
Brkfst - 2/3 c raspberries, 1 cup joe

Lunch - ? Can't even think this morning. I'll Try and come back later.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Bored and Waiting for DH to get home from a quick day trip to VT. He reports there's still snow on the ground there. Good grief it's May! I can't quite fathom hot yet, Michelle and Sandy. NSV is that the boredom hasn't made me EAT!

Weight is still the same. Nothing new to report. I'm still eating the same breakfast, and a few different lunches and dinner. I'm keeping my calories around 1000 to 1100.

I just want to say that the photo Judy posts everyday gets examined by me very closely because I'm checking to see which veggies or fruits have slipped my mind lately so I can add them to the shopping list. Thanks!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 209.2 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
hey Aussie

I wilt in the heat too. I learned a trick from my dad cuz he was diabetic. He bought these kerchiefs that have cooling beads in hem. You put in water and let the beads get big and squishy and then I put it in the fridge. Around your neck the kerchief goes. Its so cool it really helps.
My dad had naropathy pretty severly along with many other complications of diabetis. He still do his huge garden and cut the lawn which was crazy big.
I found mine at rei a few years ago. You can go to that huge flea market up hiway 76 and they usually have them but don't know if that's up ur alley or not.

so breakfast: 2 cornbread broke up with honey drizzle
over them and cinna mon
2 cuppa 1/2-1/2

lunch: 1 3 oz. piece of grilled chicken, 1/2 bun, lettuce, tomato, onions just dry

1 g2 lemon

I think I will go cut up some strawberries opps can't gotta go get up some flowers for neighbor
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 259.6

keepthefaith217 responded:
Hi Judy.... I had 2 eggs fried also with spray of Pam. I like my yokes soft for dunking 2 slices of whole wheat bread with nothing on it. And a cold glass of OJ. After 20 mins., I took a walk up the road and back, about 20 minutes one way. It felt good to walk, the weather was warm and beautiful.

What is Rainbow Challenge ?

ausgram replied to parakeet210's response:
Oh yeh, that big sale in Commerce City? Oh yeh. I love all the veggies they sell. Man, it's been a long while since I been up there. How bout those turkey legs? Oooooo to die for. ha ha!

Hey Keepthefaith, I love my eggs like that too.

Ok, for lunch I fixed a taco salad. Now the taco salad I fix is nothing like the taco salad from a restaurant. Mine are healthy, wealthy and wise. Just kidding, but mine are healthy. Nothing fatting in it and very low cal.

I ended up having a great day. I got another row planted in my garden. Heard from couple of my grandkiddos. One of them went to CA for the weekend. Left her baby with my son and dil. Lucky them. Ha. I remember those good ole days.

ausgram replied to keepthefaith217's response:
Keepthefaith, Judy puts a picture of all the veggies and fruit we are suppose to be eating to encourage us to keep watch of what we are eating. This is where we all gather each day to post our weight and what we eat and how much exercise we do. Hope you join us each day.

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
I couldn't figure out what city that was. I was thinking CC but didn't know. Yes Aus, I drove with kids one time all the way up there from south Denver for turkey legs!

ur taco salad .... do u have ingredients on ya??

tweety 'keet'

parakeet210 replied to parakeet210's response:
We went out to dinner.
Dinner: 1 small green salad with 1/2 tsp herbs with oil and vinegar
1/2 of a 6" pizza with ham, black olives and onions
2 French fries
2 glasses of wine
1 piece Italian bread as I was trying to get the piece of something stuck in my throat out (it didn't work!)
did teach myself the hiemlyck maneuver and did that and got part out.

1 small dq pineapple banana light smoothie 150 cal

tweety 'keet'

bigred53 replied to parakeet210's response:
Good evening all. I survived the lunch/meeting. My macaroni salad was a hit but I made too much. I know it's not diet friendly but if anyone wants the recipe give a holler. I'm going to give the rest of it away as it is too tempting for me.

Kathy could you get your hubby to send me some of that snow? Please? I'm on my knees begging and if you knew how hard it is for me to get back up you'd know how desperate I am. It was only 95 today....lol

I think I'm going to lay around tomorrow. The heat takes a lot out of me and gets on my last nerve. At least it helps my appetite.

Oh I almost forgot. We also had Chinese chicken salad, homemade dinner rolls that were divine and this cherry cookie dough dessert thing. I haven't had enough water today and I'm parched and trying to catch up. I'll probably be up all night.

Til tomorrow.

Michelle

ausgram replied to parakeet210's response:
Keet, in case you come back to this post, here is how I make my taco salad.

I have a taco salad pan I bought from Avon. I stick a tortilla in it and bake it for 15 mins on 350 degrees
After I take it out and it cools, I put salt free pinto beans that I moosh on the bottom, the a small amout of grated chedder chz, then my buffalo meat or 95% lean hamburg, then lots of lettuce, then salsa, then avocado that I have mooshed up and put garlic powder in, then about a tbsp. of sour cream. A few chopped up tomoatos and wahlah!!

I love this website and everyone that is on it. All of you are the best buddy system anyone can ask for. God Bless each and everyone of you. Judy, I am glad you share what you eat. I always need more ideas. I got tired of egg salad and tuna salad. Last 2 months, I have been making Chicken salad. I boil up boneless chicken breast, remove after done and let cool in bowl in refridgerator for about 20 minutes. Then, I put it in food chopper for minced consistency. After removing chicken, I cut up 1 whole onion and put in food chopper to same consistency. I then add Hellman's Mayo (my family will eat nothing else). I can't keep enough of it in the house, they love it. I am going to try your recipe Judy, Thanks !!! Peace, Diane

keepthefaith217 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi K, How do u make crisped ranch zucchini slices & cheesy tilapia filet? I love all kinds of fish, especially tilapia. I love zucchini as well. I am looking forward to growing zucchini this year to cook the flowers....mmmmmmm good !!!! Peace, diane

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.