Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Exercise Companion 1
totallywiggedout posted:
Today, I've decided to be proactive. In doing so I have found a little inner peace.

I'll be doing this daily and posting this Exercise Companion to Judy's Eat a Rainbow discussion.
As we all know that diet and exercise go hand in hand, it is necessary to address this portion of it too.

This is what I started my day out with. It's a very easy, Tai Chi Morning Salutation. I did this facing the sun, at dawn this morning and it seriously helped me becalm my mind , with the added benefit of doing a bit of stretching (ie. exercise).
I bundled it with a couple of moves from one of the Tai Chi videos that are also posted in our resources.
I added this one, because I liked the music and I loved the fact that with every move, you surround yourself with "hearts" made with your hands. It's sort like saying "I love myself and care about me". Doing it facing the morning sun.... Well, I just cannot explain how good it feels.

This is my morning offering of love to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_cd1Y2HSKk&hd=1

Huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

jis4judy responded:
very nice kim love the video and the exercise is a gentle one anyone could do
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 responded:
Kim, that was GREAT! I'm a real fan of this kind of meditative soothing look into yourself sorta thing.

I usually do a couple yoga poses in the am but will do this in the morning.. Ur such a great researcher for anything. I need to learn to use net betterly.
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 259.6

keepthefaith217 responded:
What is Rainbow Exercise Companion 1 ?

totallywiggedout replied to keepthefaith217's response:
Hi ktf.
That's just what I'm calling a new discussion I started this morning. Since diet and exercise go hand in hand, I decided to take Judy's hand, so to speak, by starting a daily exercise discussion.
Anyone can start any discussion topic they want, it doesn't have to be limited to what we are doing.
It's just that I felt so good this morning after my sun salutations, I decided to share

If you were wondering what these guys were commenting on, then click the Blue link within my first post up top to see the Youtube video of the tai chi moves I chose for today.

huggs
k

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
This is a lovely idea, Kim. I'm on board with this! How did you greet the sun and the dawn staring at the screen!? Haha. I tried to find the repetition in the moves so I could learn it but wow I can't quite find the repeat yet! My parents were big tai chi fans and it did wonders for them as they aged. It is truly good for everybody here mentally and physically, like a moving meditation.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 209.2 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Thank you, Kathy.
I don't stare at the screen. I've been practicing the new steps along with the old, in the evening a little.
Then at dawn I just do as I remember. It doesn't have to be perfect. I don't stress over perfection with this as that would defeat the purpose.

huggs
k

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

keepthefaith217 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks for the info....I am going to check out Judy's YouTube....I enjoy meditating....just need to make more "me" time. Peace to u, Diane

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi In the beginning I wasn't trying to lose weight I was increasing my fruits vegies and reducing sweets to improve my vision that took a bad turn...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar's effect on your body.
An hour and a half long but worth it. I will watch this multiple times until I know it by heart. Sugar leads to the immediate formation of ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.