Skip to content
Rainbow Challenge Sunday May 4 2014
jis4judy posted:
[a class="iol_imc" style="left: 169px; top: 0px; width: 271px; height: 407px; visibility: visible;" idx="25">

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/eating-the-rainbow-why-eat-a-variety-of-colorful-fruits-and-vegetables/

today I posted a link for those of you that do not know why we eat a rainbow of fruits and vegies every day

Good morning
it is a beautiful day today
weight up half pound 154.5

Breakfast
1/2 C bran flakes
1/4 C raisin bran
1/4 C heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
2.7 oz orange
3.7 oz strawberries
1 C black coffee

Dinner plans zucchini brn rice mushrooms boneless skinless chicken breast side salad my salad has most of the rainbow in it

will be walking vigorously for my exercise today

HUgs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
Hi Judy - and good morning to you. Got a full day today. First church then go out to eat with the kids. Oh boy, I just want to be with the kids, I don't care about the going out to eat. I will eat very lightly cause they are paying.

Weigh-In: 184
Brkfst: 1 cup fresh pineapple, 1 cup joe

Lunch: probably a chicken salad or sandwich.

Supper: yogurt with fruit

Exercise will be working in the garden when we get home. I got my beans planted and more flower seeds yesterday. Can't work llike I used to but that's ok, I still get it done. Like the rabbit and the turtle. Hee hee
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Hi Judy and Aussie! You're the early birds today!

My weight has been bouncing around the 209 decimal points all week. I kicked up my calories to 1300 yesterday, but nope, 209.4 was the magic number this morning again.

I tried the chocolate mint herbal tea last night and all I can say is SUPER YUCK! And I never met an herbal tea before that I didn't like. I even like Throat Coat! There's still the chocolate orange to try tonight but I'm not as optimistic as I was. At least I don't have to worry about it leading me astray! Hahaha!

The plan today is for no mayo chicken salad for lunch in about an hour and then chicken again for dinner. I read an article years ago about the post office and how at this time of year packages arrive with little peeping noises inside when people get chicks delivered. I'm starting to think a chicken farmer is the way to go for me. Of course I'd be naming them and getting cute little outfits for them to wear around the yard so it probably wouldn't be much of a savings. Oh and then there'd be that axe thing.....nope couldn't do that!

We were a little low on yellow this week we decided so DH got some corn for tonight
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 209.2 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to ausgram's response:
Good morning Judy and Aussie! I guess everyone else is sleeping in.

I have no idea what I'm going to eat today. Right now I don't want anything but liquids. I'm feeling kind of like an old dried out prune because it's been so hot and dry here. Bring on the water and the lotion. ..lol

I'm also feeling like going back to bed. I'm sure it's because I didn't eat the healthiest yesterday. No soda but I did have an apple fritter. What is it with me feeling I have to have a treat? My childhood rearing its head for being such a good girl. I've got to get over that somehow. Lots more self talk and pondering the reasons why. It's like I'm trying to sabotage myself. Like somewhere deep inside I don't think I deserve to be healthy and at a healthy weight. I do know how good I feel when I put on my smaller pants and how much better I look. I've got lots more work to do both mentally and physically. I do know that most of my struggle is mental. I've got to put a better reward system in place.

Thanks for listening my dear weight warrior sisters.

Michelle

jis4judy replied to bigred53's response:
Hi Michelle
I have that treat myself thing going too I just changed the things that I treat with Like I call my yogurt honey and frozen cherries dessert and it is all healthy and I do enjoy it .
I am lucky I don't really like a lot of things like fritters an mac and cheese those things I have no desire to eat but cookies and cake etc those are my kryptonite I have to limit those to special occasions ... It does help to create a healthy alternative to the treats ..
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
No weigh in this am for me. Sorry. I really should've but got so busy trying to get the house ready for the photo op, I plumb forgot.

Too bad too, since I got blasted by the hungry horrors last night. I had one of Monica's tootsie roll pops, a handful of cheeze its and two bottles of water. I just was beside myself hungry still so I broke down and made a sandwich. I'd have loved to check what kind of damage I did on the scale this morning, but .....

Breakfast was a quickie
Vanilla protein shake w/ 1 Tblsp chia seeds

Lunch
Eggs n greens stuffed into 1/2 a heart healthy pita with cuke slices

Dinner will be 3 oz roast beef, 1/2 baked potato w/ 1 pat of butter and roasted carrots

Pm snack lemon Chobani w/ 6 frozen dried cherries and 3-4 broken up almonds

have a beautiful afternoon, folks!

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy, queen of the weight warrior sisterhood. I'll keep your yogurt combo in mind. Renaming something healthy is a great idea. I do know that if I have fruit around I have an easier time resisting.

Kathy your words brought back some memories of my grandma. When we lived on a ranch we had a rooster that for some reason hated my sister - she was about two years old at the time and he would chase her and peck her on the head. That infuriated grandma so she whacked him good with her hatchet, stewed him for a couple of days - he was old and tough - and we had chicken and dumplings for dinner finally. My grandma was a great cook she could make something wonderful out of nothing just about. She was really good at whacking chickens too. ..lol.

Kathy not gaining is almost as good as losing. Look how far you've come since your reboot. I know it's hard to be patient because I'm the same way. Remember who won the race.

My reward today is going to be some strawberries dipped in chocolate. ..NOT! !

Michelle

tbird88 replied to bigred53's response:
Hi Everybody,

Well I had 2 boiled eggs and wheat toast for breakfast and a Cheese wrapped in a burrito shell for lunch. Doing pretty good taking the past couple days off from exercise will start back in on Monday. I have been viewing Extreme Makeover weight loss show and the Joy Fit Club on youtube for motivation. I really like the Extreme Makeover with Chris Powell. It is really neat to see how people change their bodies on their weight loss journey. And the Joy Fit Club has very good nutrition tips and different ways to cut calories from diet. The weight loss stories are fun to watch too.
Tia SW 267 CW 245.8 GW 160

mog1026 replied to tbird88's response:
I'm with you Tia. When I start to lose motivation I watch those videos too and it really works, except everyone is young and can exercise like demons!

Michelle...JUST the strawberries, my dear! Michelle, there is no "almost" cause n o t h I n g feels as good as losing!

Wait.....did Judy say CAKE?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 209.2 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

tbird88 replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy,

I don't know how people can exercise like that. I'm 43 so I am relatively young but I cannot exercise like that. I wish I could boost my exercise to 2-3 hours a day but I can only do an hour at the most. I thought if I could exercise longer I could burn more calories and lose weight faster. I still believe in miracles and think I can lose my 100 lbs in few months...wishful thinking. I'm working on patience:)
Tia SW 267 CW 245.8 GW 160

jis4judy replied to tbird88's response:
Hi Tia it really is the food choices that help with weight removal the exercise is great for the body but is almost a non factor in the results an hour is pretty darn good
Most days I do an hour . You can give yourself more exercise by parking away from the store a distance so you get extra steps Kim was going shopping and before she did the shopping she loaded a carriage with 100 pounds of dog food and pushed that around the store for a while before she did her shopping there are ways to sneak a little exercise into your day.
I like playing the golden oldies and dancing around the house now that's fun
when football season comes around I do jumping jacks 1 for each point my Patriots score and sometimes they score big .
Hugs Judy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was always over weight. I finally decide to loose the weight when I was 22. I was 238, and I got down to 182 in 1980. Got married and then the weigh...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.