Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Challenge Monday May 5 2014
jis4judy posted:
[a class="iol_imc" style="left: 9px; top: 37px; width: 592px; height: 333px; visibility: visible;" idx="40">

Good morning ladies

weigh in 154 even today
breakfast was the oatmeal with craisins apples honey cinnamon
topped with sliced almonds and 1 oz of banana had half an orange too 2.8 oz total cals 301
1 C black coffee

Dinner plan is pork chop w onions red potato roasted
fresh spinach cooked
Side salad

will be taking a walk today and possibly weight lifting again

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 responded:
Good mornin Judy!! And everyone who follows. For my exercise today will do Kim's #1 companion and mu usual yoga I'm going to either take a walk before it gets to hot or do my treadmill

Brkfst: I haven't eaten yet but I'm having your oatmeal Judy. Yummy and healthy.

Lunch: it depends where I am but I will take something with me if I do leave

Dinner: BBQ something prob brats n chicken I'm having strawberry and English cuc water this am. Yummo
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 259.6

ausgram responded:
Morning Judy and Keet!

Weigh-In: 185

Brkfst - 1 cup fresh pineapple, 1 cup joe

lunch - steak bbqed, corn on the cob and salad

supper - cereal OR yogurt

Exercise - working out in the garden and walking my mile to the buffalo fence
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout responded:
Morning Judy, beautiful pic today. Love the addition of the grains and spices.
Keet, I'm doing the oatmeal today too.
I hope c1 brings you inner peace to face the day.

AM weight 196
breakfast 2 lg cups coffee w/ stevia and baking cocoa
oatmeal w/ blueberries

lunch
fruit/veggie smoothie

snack
10 nat almonds
2 c popcorn
kiddy box raisins

dinner
cheesy tilapia
sauteed zucchini, tomatoes n onions w/ ital seasoning

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

rachael2011 responded:
Good morning Judy. Keet, Aus and Kim.

AM weight 317.0 Had a bad, bad food weekend. I need to start logging on here again from work to keep myself centered on healthy eating.

Breakfast was late so we will just call it brunch. 2 slices low carb toast (60 calories each), an orange and a Greek yogurt cup.

Dinner will be early with chicken, broccoli and rice w a splash if soy sauce.

I should have some kind of snack, maybe a bowl of spinach w cheese.

The brakes of my car were making a grinding noise last night so I decided to use Will's car til I can get it fixed. Then he called me this AM to say he was in an accident (he is OK and the car is drivable but needs work). So we need to get my car fixed this week so his can go in the shop next week. I will have to pay for my car (pray for me it won't be too much) but his should be covered by insurance. There is always something, you know. I was robbing Peter to pay Paul as it was and now the car issue. Grrr. Also my eye issues haven't subsided at all so I am going back to a different doctor today for a second opinion. I just want to know what is going on with them. The problem comes and goes and I cannot pinpoint a cause on my own. The other doc felt they were improving, but they are the same and I am frustrated. Like I said there is always something. Thanks for letting me vent.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 315.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

jis4judy replied to rachael2011's response:
Hi Rachael what are your eyes doing that has you concerned ? I do know the healthier the food the better it is for our eyes Good luck
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
Aw jeeze Rachael. You know, I actually was reading your post this past Friday ,knowing you'd been struggling , and sent up a prayer for you over your work weekend. So sorry it went bad. I know how you struggle when you are there for those days/nights.
Honestly, I wish for your sake that you could find a day job, lol. It might be easier for you to keep on track better. These weekends are killing you.
We are robbing poor Peter this week too. Paul gets all the luck,doesnt he?
As for your car...its probably a brake shoe . If its just the shoes they are ea and cheap . Let us pray.....

Huggs
K
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh Rachael. I feel for you and feel sad that you are struggling so much. I've lost my magic wand so all I have to offer is some words that I hope will help.

IMO what you need to do is more organized preparation for your weekends away from home. I know it can be time consuming but it just might keep you on track a bit more. You seem to do so much better during the week while at home.

I had kind of a bad weekend too. First I ate a whole crap-load of macaroni salad - I love it and haven't made any for several years so I felt I had to get my share. Then I felt I had to have an apple fritter - a big one. Most places make smaller ones but hell no, I had to have the big one. So, yesterday morning I ate the last of the mac salad that I brought home then I had a grilled chicken salad for dinner and a container of strawberries which took care of my post dinner sweet craving. I've got to keep more fruit at home and more of the diet blueberry green tea that I like.

We, you and I, have got to figure out why we keep sabotaging ourselves. Are we afraid to change too much physically? Are we so comfortable with ourselves as we are? I don't think I am either but the subconscious is a strange thing. I do know that I really like wearing smaller clothes. I do feel better. My blood pressure is good, my blood sugar is good (most of the time). I feel pretty healthy mentally. So what is the freaking problem???

To top it off I'm starving this morning! More water coming up since I'm pretty sure that is part of the problem. Our weather has been so dry here all the moisture is being sucked right out of me. Thankfully I'm at work where at least I have healthy things to eat.

Rachael my dear keep trying. We're all here to help in any way we can. Chin up today is a new day for a new start.

Michelle

kalimiller responded:
Hey all. Rough weekend for me. But I'll just make today a better day. Hopefully it'll be cool enough to get a little work done outside when I get home. I don't really have anything to say, just wanted to pop by and say hello.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

rachael2011 replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy. My eye waters like crazy especially after doing things like driving. It swells and itches and gets that very tired feeling. It usually happens at night but not always. It feels like there is something in it too. And it is not always the same eye but is usually my right. I would say, OK it's just allergies but there is no regular pattern to it except it usually happens at work (but sometimes at home) and in the evening (but it did happen Saturday AM). The doc told me it was just an allergy though and gave me a new antihistamine drop and told me to keep using the Zyrtec.

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim and Michelle, Thanks for the support. I love my job and I am supposed to be encouraging everyone to eat healthy and to exercise...and the thing is I can plan the menu on the weekend! It is really on me. I agree that planning is key with all the temptations that are there...like Easter candy that someone gave to the house. I need to bring foods that I really like for snacks. Like if I would have had grapes or strawberries, I would have chosen them over the M&M's I binged on...but not the popcorn I chose for myself.

Michelle, I am sorry you had a bad weekend too. I think we do it simply because it tastes good and gives us a short term fix. I know for me I need shorter term rewards for myself bc a longer term one for me won't stick. Telling myself I will feel better right now if I eat right or I won't be hungry later is better incentive for me than I will be healthier in the future. Even though being healthier is far more important. Maybe I need to make a list of the shorter term rewards that eating right give me....like not feeling bloated, having more energy and really internalize them.

rachael2011 replied to kalimiller's response:
Hi Kali. Sorry you had a rough weekend too. I just wanted to send a smile your way... Rachael

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
Hi all! Boy am I late today. Rachael it sounds to me like you have a dry eye syndrome. It would get worse when you are staring at the road while driving or at a computer screen or tv. I also have a problem if overnight I sleep with an eye that isn't shut tight. It's most uncomfortable, just as you describe. I use a drop called opticon that is OTC tears occasionally. One other question is...are you prone to rosacea on your nose or cheeks. That can also create those eye symptoms. Either way it's treatable. I hope you solve it soon.

Last week I lost a pound. I aim for 1.5 so it's below where I want to be.

Great photo Judy, but my eye immediately went to what looks like a cheese danish to me. I'm still not in a place where I notice the zucchini first!

Michelle, I wish I understood the psychology of weight issues. I vacillate between the idea that food just TASTES good and the idea that there is some deeper form of self-sabotage going on. All I know is that I have been a 30 lb kind of girl. I haven't been able to lose more than that without throwing in the towel and regaining. I'm so over that scenario.

I had peanut butter for lunch and tonight is chicken.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 209.2 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Oh Kathy I saw the same thing you did at first. How scary is that?

OK, here's what I walked in to this morning - my too skinny office partner eating chips and dip. Cruel, cruel world!! I was so tempted to go over there and grab that s**t and slap her upside the head with it. Then she is constantly eating some kind of candy - usually candy corn. GRRRR.... I try telling her I have a problem with food and she counters that by telling me how good I eat and that a little bit won't hurt. Yes it will. I've tried telling her that I don't know when to stop so it's best for me to not even start. She's one of those 'aliens' that don't think about food sometimes. If she wasn't so nice I could easily hate her...lol.

Kathy, you are NOT going to be a 30lb gal any more!!!! I will not allow it!! You will not allow it.

Michelle

mog1026 replied to bigred53's response:
I'm not a fan of workplace violence Michelle, but that girl has got to GO! Candy corn is WORSE than cigarettes! Make a deal with her. Tell her to take her snacking to the breakroom and you won't put itching powder on her seat cushion. If she's as nice as you say, she'll oblige with pleasure.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 209.2 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old. I had a baby girl 11/22/09 and she is my reason for changing my life. I am 5 ft 6 in and 225lbs I have been over weight nearly all ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.