Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Challenge Tuesday May 13 2014
jis4judy posted:

Good morning

weight up again 155 I did not eat more Maybe my metabolism is slowing
and I need to up the exercise a bit
Breakfast
Quaker Oats cooked in ff milk with honey and dried blueberries 1 ounce banana a few slivered almonds 2.7 oz orange

Dinner is a mystery I have to shop today to get fresh stuff for the week

will be walking for exercise

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
Morning Judy,
Happy belated Mother's Day to all of you. Sorry for missing it. The last few days have been hectic here.

Saturday was a super day, but a very very long drive up to see the lake we will dive. Ended up being just about a 10 hr trip with very little walking.
Consequently, I spent just about all of Sunday, in bed reading , to give my hip a rest , then went out to eat and to a movie in the evening.

Michaels hours have changed. He's now working 7am to 6pm, at least for this week , and it's throwing off our entire familial schedule. Alex and Michael are tending to need the br at the same time and it's pretty hectic for that first hour of the day. lol

Add to this, Monica is allowing me more Gage time, but the little bugger wants to suck but refuses every binky known to man. I mean this, I have purchased them all in the last couple of weeks. We now have $35 worth of pacifiers that are going to end up as Christmas ornaments if Gage keeps it up, lol.
What he will take is my pinky. ONLY my pinky. He refuses Monicas and Alex's but takes mine. Which pretty much ties up my typing hand while I have him.

Thus, I'm getting alot of reading done, but no posting.
Sorry.

AM weight up a bit too , 195
Too much sitting and too many restaurants in the past few days.
Judy, your weight is fluctuating quite a bit this year. Strange, but don't let it get to you too bad. Summer is coming on strong, you'll lose it in the heat.

Kathy, good going , girl! You are doing something right. Slow and steady, eh?

Tia, Please let us know some of your recipes and how you are keeping your grocery bill within reason on your vegetarian diet.
I'm getting interested in trying something new, because I seriously am going through a "thing" where meat is so boring I just wanna cry.
Do you eat quite a few canned things or is it all raw/fresh? Please let me know.
Thanks!

Aus, I'm looking but I haven't found what you actually ate for that lunch that made you retain so much sodium. What on Earth did you eat to do that to you?

Everyone else. Keep up the faith. We are all going to get there.

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
After needing the a/c last night because it was so hot I couldn't take it, this morning is so cold you needed a fleece in the house. My joints are NOT jumping with all these pressure, temp and humidity changes. Aging is soooo fun

Weight was down my little sweet 0.2 lbs so now I'm 208.6, and I have weight/food diaries from forever so I saw that I weighed the same on the same date last year. Weird.

No more clementines this week, so I'm making the switch to a mandarin orange for breakfast. Big variety change, huh? Hahaha! My app says they have a few more calories but that makes no sense to me because they are half the size. I'm willing to fight with that app for every single bleeping calorie if I have to!

Lunch will be no mayo chicken salad and dinner a repeat of last night minus the ranch dressing. That's the plan folks!

Kim, so glad for the excitement in your life right now and that your pinky is finally out of the tea cup handle and doing something more useful!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 208.8 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Good morning! I made my pit stop at the store for my supplies. They didn't have any sugar snap peas so I settled for baby carrots. They also still had blackberries on sale. YUM!

Kathy we're having 100 degree temps the next few days along with Santa Ana winds! It does cool down into the 50's at night thankfully. Good for you too on the loss. Every little bit adds up.

Kim my son would never take a pacifier either. If it didn't have milk, juice or even water coming out of it he wanted nothing to do with it. He'd take one suck and spit it out, then give me the most disgusted look. Frustrating.

Judy I know you'll whip those pounds off. You are one determined lady.

Michelle

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
You are doing great Kathy slow and steady just keep plugging away at it .

Kim I am so jealous you have a baby to cuddle they grow so fast take all the time you can with him ..that's sweet he likes just your pinky have you been putting sugar on it

yes My weight is fluctuating wildly and making me a bit touchy
It didn't help having all those sweets around my hubby bought for me peanut butter cups and those darn peeps I gave what was left of them to him and said hide these and don't ever buy them again they are screwing up my healthy plans LOL

Dinner for today was 3 broccoli flowerets 3 cauliflower Flowerets 3oz red potato 3oz boneless skinless chicken breast everything was 3 something
side salad

I might have a chicken salad sandwich tonight

along with the pistachios yogurt etc
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Kathy I suffered thru the heat did not turn on the air it got very warm here the last few days today is chilly
I hate to turn on the air before June 1st
Hugs Judy

tbird88 replied to bigred53's response:
Hi K and everybody,

I am not much of a cook, so my meals are real simple. I am basically just removing meat from the equation. I use a lot of tofu, I swap out the meat or eggs in a recipe with tofu. Although, sometimes I do eat eggs. I have veggie pizza, spaghetti with vegetable Prego sauce and tacos or burritos with beans and rice. I do eat dairy products, lowfat cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt. I also eat a lot of vegetables and fruit. I will make a bowl of salad and eat that for a couple days. I eat collard greens, cabbage and asparagus. For fruit I eat bananas, apples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and oranges. I also eat dried fruit. I have to be careful purchasing canned goods because the sodium content can be high. But I do buy canned soups, beans and vegetables. My grocery bill is about the same. The fresh fruit is the most expensive items. A small container of blueberries is $3.99. It is just my boyfriend and I so he buys what he wants and I buy want I want.

Tofu Scramble
What to Use: Extra Firm
Think of this hearty breakfast as scrambled eggs — only swap out the eggs for tofu and add in some produce (think bell pepper, red onion, and spinach if you're in the mood for greens) and good-for-you seasonings such as garlic and turmeric .

16. Baked Tofu
What to Use: Extra Firm
Here's a basic baked tofu recipe that pairs well with virtually any marinade and acts as a substitute for meat in most baked meat dishes. Simply grab soy sauce (or your favorite marinade) and a block of extra firm tofu, drain it, cube it, marinate it, and then bake it right up in the oven.

Greek Pizza Rated:
Submitted By: ESTEPHAN
Photo By: Gcgirl18
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
Servings: 4"A light and flavorful pizza featuring feta, tomatoes, and spinach."Ingredients:1 tablespoon olive oil1/2 cup diced onion2 cloves garlic, minced1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen choppedspinach, thawed and squeezed dry1/4 cup chopped fresh basil2 1/4 teaspoons lemon juice1 1/2 teaspoons dried oreganoground black pepper to taste1 (14 ounce) package refrigerated pizzacrust1 tablespoon olive oil1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese1 large tomato, thinly sliced1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese3/4 cup crumbled feta cheeseDirections:1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). If using a pizza stone, place in oven to preheat.2.Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet; cook and stir onion and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and continue to cook and stir until all liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and season with basil, lemon juice, oregano, and pepper. Allow mixture to cool slightly.3.Unroll pizza dough on preheated pizza stone or a large baking sheet and brush with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread spinach mixture over dough, leaving a small border at the edge of the pizza crust. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.4.Press tomato slices into seasoned bread crumbs until coated; arrange tomatoes over pizza. Spread remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and feta cheese over tomatoes.5.Bake in preheated oven until pizza crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ? 2014 Allrecipes.comPrinted from
Tia SW 267 CW 241.2 GW 160

rachael2011 responded:
Hello everyone.

Weight this AM was 316.4 thenthe blasted scale jumped up to 317.2. Oh how I hate my scale. It give me a range more than an actual weight.

This morning was rushed again w plain oatmeal w sweetener, a splash of skim and a little margarine.

Lunch was 2 slices of pizza at a work training (mushroom and broccoli/ tomato) and a salad w a little Italian dressing.

Dinner will be ground turkey in flavored rice with green beans.

I am working tonight and got cashews as my snack to avoid the "snacky" foods here. I may have an apple too.

Everyone have a good night.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 315.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

parakeet210 replied to rachael2011's response:
Kim, Ur lucky to have Gage soothing himself on your pinky!

I've been in sandiego with son dil and my grandbaby! I think if I send a photo and make I t a file I can send that over for photos???? or put them on fb??? My dil put a bunch maybe i'll just use hers their very good.
I had the bestest time ever in the last 15 years of my life. This baby has been taught sign language and so they know for the most part what she wants. cool I thought!! wish I would have figured out that better than I did.
I was busy from a.m to p.m. or I would have written.
yeah we came from sandiego on Monday to Denver and went from 71 degree to snow and 30 degrees at dia. brrr its 50 today. don't know my weight cuz I forgot to weigh this morning.
breakfast: judys oatmeal and 3/4 of a skinny vanilla latte
lunch: dark greens strawberries, blue berries, green apple
lo cal salad dressing 50 cal

dinner tbd
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 259.6

ausgram replied to parakeet210's response:
Ha ha Keet, how long have you lived in Colorado? We always get snow in May. (almost always, ha ha)

Ok, shoot, I forgot to log in this morning. We were in a rush and I wanted to leave early to get a McDonalds coffee.

Weigh In - 185, up 2 sob sob

Brkfst - 1 hard as a rock pear, 1 cup of joe, actually 2 cause I got a cup at Mickeys.

Lunch - Whopper Jr at BK

Supper - 1 personal size pizza from super market

snack - strawberry/Rhubarb pie scraping off the bottom and sides of crust.

Kim what gave me the sodium kick was that Lean Crusine dinner. I don't use salt, or cook with it so when I eat something like that it really re-acts on me.

I sat almost all day yesterday and I know that's why I was up ANTOHER pound. Tomorrow I will be going to Cabela's with Carl so I will at least be walking around. Then hopefully if I'm not too pooped I will walk out in our driveway again. Too muddy to go out to the buffalo fence.

Kathy, really, your doing good. And Judy as for you gaining a pound or two, I wouldn't be too concerned with all what you do most of the times.

Tia - did you teach yourself to like tofu? I tired it, I have to say, "Its different". And collard greens? Oh man, I miss them. We had them a lot when we lived in NC. Not many ppl up here even know what they are. They are missing it. Ha ha.

Kim, I am with the rest of the girls, I miss holding a baby too. My youngest babies now are going to be 21. I have a great grandson but we don't see him but 1ce of 2ce a week. Boo hoo. He will soon be 2. Time marches on and waits for no one.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
Actually I've lived in Colorado all my 55 years. In the past 15 or so years it seems to me that we certainly have had more snow in May. Merely commenting on that post the temp difference we felt from sd to d. I only had a sweater on and thin pants....

ok so for dinner I had one thin crust piece of pizza
I had about 10 strawberries tomorrow is the store
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 259.6

tbird88 replied to ausgram's response:
Hi Aussie,

I think you either like tofu or you don't. I like it. By itself it takes like egg whites to me. But if you have sauce or flavoring it takes on that taste. I love collard greens too. ha ha.
Tia SW 267 CW 241.2 GW 160

totallywiggedout replied to tbird88's response:
Thanks Tia for your response. I'm goint to try doing 2-3 meatless meals a week starting this next Monday, right now, it's 1 a week. I've no problem with it, it's most of the rest of the family that turn their noses up.

huggs
kim

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi guys.
Judy, no, I don't put anything on my pinky. I just "lock" the pad of it up against the roof of his mouth, directly behind his top gums, and he takes it. My fingers are pretty long and thin. The tips of my pinkies are smaller than most headphone earbuds and I think this is why the others can't make him take theirs.

Kathy and all others, yes, it's great that he likes my pinky.... unless I want to blog, lol.
It's amazing how dependant on BOTH hands I am when on the computer.. or eating... or pretty much any other time

Gage had his 1 mo. exam yesterday.. He's doing really well. Has gained 2.8 lbs and has grown almost 2 inches. He's solidly in the 90th percentile .

Time flies when you are having fun!

huggs
k

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

kalimiller responded:
hey all. I didn't weigh myself today. I did stairs on Monday and my legs are still a little sore.

Breakfast for me was special K strawberry and chocolate cereal with vanilla soy milk.

snack is about 1/2 -3/4 cup raspberries. Lunch will be some leftovers from last night. teriyaki chicken, rice, and veggies. my box is 1/4 section rice, 1/4 section chicken, and 1/2 section veggies.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

Spotlight: Member Stories

I just saw the group for the first time today. Hello, three years ago I was a size 24, now I am an 8 and have one size to go. I had a hard time with s...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.