Skip to content
Rainbow Challenge Wednesday May 14 2014
jis4judy posted:
[a class="iol_imc" style="left: 105px; top: 53.5px; width: 400px; height: 300px; visibility: visible;" idx="39">

Good morning I slept late
weigh in was better 153 those 2 pounds must have been water

breakfast

My oatmeal with craisins apples and a tiny 1 oz of banana topped with walnuts 3.2 oz orange
1 C black coffee

dinner will be zucchini sweet potato baked chicken breast side salad
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

mog1026 responded:
Either that or your scale sticks Judy! With your disciplined eating that scale has a lot of nerve to bounce around on you. Kick it for us, will you?

My scale was a good girl this morning and showed a 0.4 loss so now I'm 208.2 -83D-E00

Today's a little stressful. My son is having a little surgery this morning and I am waiting to hear that it went well from his wife. I have to head up to Yale for more eye tests this afternoon. And today is DH's birthday. He's 70! It is impossible to believe!!!! Where do the years go? Thank goodness I married an OLDER man!

I WILL eat well today and count my calories.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 208.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Translation - 83D-E00 is a smiley face if you are using an iPad on Webmd. Who knows why?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 208.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
I didn't weigh today so I'll keep it on the table till tomorrow Brkfst: 1 PC protein toast and honey n cinnamon. 2 cuppa w 1/21/2
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 259.6

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
Best to ur son and a happy birthday to Dh. Ur doing grat Kathy. Judy u must kick that scale as Kathy suggests. Pay it forward ya know??

I'm not quiet in the swing of things but will be more cognizant of weighing tomorrow.

It doesn't appear that my first post went thru. 1 PC protein toast w cinnamon n honey. 2 cuppa w 1/1/2

tweety 'keet'

rachael2011 responded:
Hi all.
Glad those lbs are gone, Judy. I agree with everyone. You are so disciplined that scale deserves a swift kick.

Kathy, great on the loss too. You are doing great.

I couldn't weigh in this AM as I woke up at work.

Breakfast was an apple with chocolate peanut butter.

Lunch was a protein bar-- one of the big ones that are a couple hundred calories but have 28 gm of protein. I like them when I am on the road because they satisfy me and I don't think about food.

Dinner will be wheat pasta a tomato sauce broccoli and mushroom and parmesan cheese.

I may go for a walk later unless rain continues to threaten. Right now, I am tired and think I will go lay down for a couple hours. According to my weather app, it's supposed to be clearer in the evening anyway.You all have a great day!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 315.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

bigred53 replied to rachael2011's response:
Good morning all!! Judy I agree with the others that you need to give that scale a good swift kick.

I didn't sleep well last night - again - and then I woke up starving. That will happen if I overeat at dinner which I didn't. I had a smallish tuna sandwich on wheat and a small bag of chips. I know, it was the chips that did it. My blood sugar was kind of low again too - 56. It's supposed to be between 70 and 100.

I've got my usual to eat today. I stocked up on V8 juice and my Arizona tea last night. I also got a bag of Dove dark chocolate pieces. I've stopped the peanut butter and I'm hoping the chocolate will help with the sweet craving I get after lunch. It'll be less calories than the peanut butter anyway as I'm planning on only having one piece - 42 calories. Wish me luck with that. I've even cut back a bit on the amount of pistachios I've been eating too. Hmmmm....I think I'm really getting into this healthy weight loss thing...lol.

Kathy, Keet and Rachael keep up the good work!! Stay focused!! You can do it!!

Michelle

rohvannyn replied to bigred53's response:
Great work everybody! Kathy, Keet, Michelle, and Rachael! I add my congratulations.

Michelle, great job trying to out think your cravings and plan for them. That will help you stay on plan. It sounds like you are looking for lower total calories but aren't worrying about carbs too much? If it were me, I'd switch to a non sweetened form of peanut butter, keep the pistachios the way they are, make sure the Arizona tea is unsweetened (I didn't know they made that variety) and get some stevia to sweeten it with. Your wheat bread probably did more to affect your blood sugar than the chips did, sad to say. Then again, everybody is different and maybe the low calorie medium carbs approach will work for you.

Either way, it's awesome to see you making progress and I totally support you in that!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 192.4 Goal: 140

bigred53 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thanks Roh! Arizona brand has a diet blueberry green tea. About 25 calories for 42 ounces. I do get their pomegranate flavored one once in a while since it's too many calories. I adore pomegranate!!

I do eat pretty low carb usually. My carbs are generally from fruit and veggies. I have ff Greek yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, I've been having blackberries since they've been on sale. I got baby carrots this week because the store was out of sugar snap peas. I also have apples if I get hungry in the afternoon. I don't usually eat carbs from bread and chips. Maybe once or twice a week with the bread. All and all pretty healthy carbs imo.

Being diabetic does make things different to say the least. It can be a regular juggling act.

I appreciate all of the support and suggestions I receive here. You are all awesome!!

Michelle

parakeet210 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Hi All....

I'm not having lunclh cuz I went to the store. We were out of everything and then I couldn't find my list so forgot some things. At the store I purchased a small box of frosted donut holes. I had 5 of them and tossed the rest so that will be my lunch. OUCH! ABOUT 500 CALORIES. IMPULSIVE PURCHASE AND EATIN!!
I am trying to buy all on the exterior of the store and I always get plenty of fruit and veggies. O MY ...........

well only way to correct that is to have a healthy snack and dinner. I'm making chicken zucs yellow pepper white onion and maybe some spuds since somehow I bought more potatoes and we rarely ever eat a spud. i'm so exhausted from our trip and have so much to do that I can't focus. sigh

well for snack will be 1 oz turkey and 1 oz swiss cheese
and some strawberries, rasp, blue, and black berries
I forgot lettuce... the produce is my best dept... so I gawk a lot!!

see ya around

tweety 'keet'

rohvannyn replied to bigred53's response:
You are welcome! In a way, It's a good thing to be able to test blood sugar etc and be aware of food's effect on your body. I was wondering, what's the effect of carrots and sugar snap peas on your blood sugar? I was asking because they are also rather high in sugars. Don't get me wrong, it's WAY higher in nutrients and fiber, and much better for you, than candy! So it's a much better choice. But I was curious.

If you ever have a craving for pomegranate iced tea but don't want the junk, you can also brew black tea and add a splash of pomegranate juice and a little stevia to make your own mix. It tastes awesome and you can customize your own juices to suit your taste. Not so much a diet suggestion, just an offering of a tasty healthy treat. My favorite brand of juice comes in "just black cherry," "just pomegranate," and "just cranberry." Kinda spendy but NO added sugars.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 192.4 Goal: 140

bigred53 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Well it's been less than two hours after I finished eating lunch - 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, 3 baby cucumbers, can of V8 and two small squares of dark chocolate. I just tested and my bs was 126. Not bad.

Michelle

ausgram responded:
wow, coming in late again. Went to Castle Rock today. Keet is that close to you or do you live in the Springs?

Weigh In 185

Brkfst 1 banana, 1 cup joe

no snack cause my stomach/esophagus started paining me.
I had lunch at a small restaurant in Elizabeth, pork sandwich, broccoli and tiny bit of cole slaw. This will be all I eat till my stomach stops hurting. I am on Nexium for just that, but now and then I still have awful, awful pain. sucking on Pepto-Bismol now till it quits hurting. Might be a day or 2.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

tbird88 replied to ausgram's response:
Hi everybody,

I'm late signing on. Exercised at the gym today. Had cereal for breakfast and peanut butter sandwich for lunch. Starting to plan for my wedding coming up in September or October. There is so much to do. But just taking it in stride. A little bit at a time. I lost .06 so I am 1 lb away from 239, Yeh! Should be in a few days.
Tia SW 267 CW 240.6 GW 160

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
Iim 30 mins north of cr, my husband and I were going to build our home in Elizabeth because he owned 5 acres but at 35 yrs ago it wasn't as developed and far away from docs. So now I'm a survuurbinate. Can't spell today

tweety 'keet'

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a newlywed (married June 2010) and my husband and I are looking to lead a healthier lifestyle. I am currently about 280 pounds, and would like to...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.