1 C black coffee

will be walking today the usual 3.5 miles

Dinner will be living dangerously going out for dinner
tonight will have my usual salad before we go
but what I order will be off plan for sure
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 responded:
Good morning Judy, and to everyone that comes on.

Have fun on your night out, Judy. It's smart to have your salad before you go.

AM weight was 315.6.

Breakfast was an apple and oatmeal w sweetener and cinnamon.

Lunch will be out w my Dad and son. I am hoping to go to a local diner and get a big Greek salad or a taco salad with chicken. I can't make up my mind yet.

Dinner will be cottage cheese and salsa and an orange.

I am sleeping again at the group home tonight so I will pick up some of the individual servings of almonds. They seem to work keeping the temptations at bay better than the cashews did. Isn't that weird?

I never did go for my walk yesterday so I gotta get out there today. High 70's and partly sunny. Don't want to waste this good weather. You all have a good day!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 315.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout responded:
Morning Judy and all that follow in our footsteps.

I'm downloading several rainbow food images so that I have them at the ready for when you are gone on vacation.
I've not been so good with mornings lately and want to be able to grab as needed without a whole lot of thinking.

I'm very tired lately. This Premenopause is really throwing my body for a loop.
I don't really know all that much about it and what to expect. My mom went through it and it seemed to take years before she was in a better mood . And she really didn't share what all was going on with her body.
My oldest sister had a hysterectomy when she was in her late teens so never really went through it.
And my middle sister had her hysterectomy because of tubal complications, when she was in her late 20s.
I have nothing to go by as to what I'm going to go through.
I skipped my monthlies for a couple of months.... enough to actually drive me to take a pregnancy test.
Now, it seems that my monthlies will never end... going on 2.5 weeks now....
I'm exhausted and sleep A LOT and my emotions run almost to the "bi polar" range. It's a bit scary.
Any input on this from you guys? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, Sluggo. That was a "woman thing" ,
AM weight.... oh, grats Judy on yours getting better, btw
mine was a flat 194 today.

Breakfast
2 lg cups of coffee w/ stevia and unsw. cocoa powder
1/2 c ff cottage cheese
3/4 c skinny fruits pineapple chunks

Lunch will be a pumpkin smoothie

PM snack 1/8 of a diced cantalope, 1 c blueberries, 1/2 banana

Dinner
(2) tuna patties
Mixed tossed salad(spinach,lettuce,cuke slices,tomato,mushrooms,carrot,onion,craisins) w/ rasp vinaigrette

That's the most color I've had in my diet in a long time. Maybe that late night reply to Sluggo helped me too!

Have a great day, everyone and beware the "munchie monster".

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, I love cashews, but I can't stop with them. And I notice that they tend to make me want to munch more too. I think that they are a sweeter, fattier nut and maybe that's why they tend to do that to us. Macadamias do that too. They just make you want more sweets(maybe that's what makes the white choc. chip/macadamia cookies so darned good)

You are doing well with the almonds, don't change it.

What's going on at the group home that you are spending so much time there? You only used to do weekends .... so what's up with that?

huggs
k

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

parakeet210 replied to rachael2011's response:
Hi all~
Great Guns Judy a night out! FUN! Enjoy.
Rachael that looks like a good eating plan you have mapped out for yourself!! For me almonds fill me up and stay with me more than cashews too.

weight this morning: 258.5

I was shocked to say the least but am very happy.
Now to concentrate on 257! Yippee
I have a lot of great healthy food in the house. Took me an hour and 20 mins. to shop for it yesterday and tired me out. lol

breakfast:
1 strawberry activia
1 cuppa

I'll probably have something else later but just not hungry.

I'm running around today and may go to a greenhouse and buy some plants for hummingbirds and butterfly gardens for my back yard. I did my yoga already.
So walking looking for a gift for my office help and also for the flowers so I don't have to wait for the millions over the weekend.

it will be the high today of 63...........brrrr

I don't know what else is in order except dinner

I'm making chicken, zucs, red onion, yellow pepper and bits of saut?ed potatos for dinner. yummo
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 259.6

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim. My boss is at a conference and I am covering for him. The OT is nice but I do love my weekdays off so I miss that!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 315.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

parakeet210 replied to rachael2011's response:
kim,
do you have a natural grocery store by you? They can really help with some supplements, herbs to help you if you don't want to do hormone replacement. I went thru the pre which was worse the the last state imo.
It is the pits. I do take evening of primrose 1000 mg. 3 x a day per my doc.
Hang in their friend. It won't be forever. Maybe a year or a few. I know that sounds like forever but in hindsight it really isn't.
Happy Days are hear again the sky above is clear again....

tweety 'keet'

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 258.5

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
Good morning all! Yesterday was exhausting! We finally heard that my son had done fine in the surgery at around 1:45pm which was an eternity. He was able to give us a call around 3:30 and it was great to hear his groggy voice. You always worry like crazy no matter how old your child is,, in this case he's 31 years old!

At that point we were on the road to Yale for the eye exam marathon. We didn't get home until almost 7pm. It was kinda all bad news. So it's been decided that I do have glaucoma, my pupils are uneven sizes which means another doctor, and there are cataracts starting in both eyes. Oh joy!

By then we were cranky and the birthday boy was disinterested in any food at all so the piece of CAKE on Sunday became the official one. All I can say is HOORAY because no cake, no restaurant food means less poundage! I am obsessed with that today because before I went to sleep I saw my first episode of the 600 lb woman on TLC! Holy smokes!!! That'll scare you thin!

Now the GOOD news! Weight this morning was 207.6 . Oh how I love a new number!

Tia, did you say WEDDING?! In September/October? A wedding was my focus last year. I LOVE a good wedding! Hooray!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 208.2 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Wish I could help you with the PERIMENOPAUSE ( I know you like correct verbiage) issues Kim but I can say that in my experience it wasn't related to what other family members went thru. My mother suffered and raged like a banshee for what seemed like years and years. I had the issue scared right out of me. Everything was normal and cooking along until the day my house burned. I stopped in the middle of the monthly that day and it never came back. And I never had a symptom. Terror may be the answer. Consider Russian roulette, or perhaps skydiving where you have to choose the parachute that HASN'T been sabotaged...yea, I like THAT one.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
LOL, Kathy, you love a good wedding cause it means CAKE

Grats on the new number. Your scale has been cooperating with you lately and I'm so glad for you. You sound happy as a lark and that's just wonderful.
So sorry about your eyes though. Have they told you which type you have? Open angle or narrow? From what I've read, the laser surgeries available are working really well on glaucoma. I hope they can get you in and done soon so that it can get corrected or at least lessoned.

600 lbs. ..... man.

Glad your son's surgery went ok and sorry about your DHs mood for his bday. Sometimes the number really does matter. I'm sure the big 70 was a bit scary for him to hit, even though he probably didn't much let on about it, I'd bet he "felt it".
Be kind to him today. He may need some extra lovin.

huggs
k

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim Menopause that is when I gained most of my weight
my Mom died I went into menopause in the next year I did find out after I went through what to me was hell ,, that eating sweets and fatty foods make the symptoms worse . I was trying to cool myself with ice cream huge mistake .. Non of my sisters clued me in on this I flew through solo I asked one sister 10 years older than me and she said nothing happened she just stopped and that was it . for me it was about 6 maybe 7 years of hot flashes unstable moods night sweats But of course I responded not with my rainbow but with ice cream etc
I was well past the menopause when I started my journey had I started earlier I might have avoided the hellish time
Good luck
hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Primary open angle, Kim. And I will start with drops, I guess. I saw 3 doctors yesterday and 2 said drops, one suggested laser surgery if I couldn't handle the drops. Some people prefer not to do them and the surgery will work about 5 years. I personally HATE the "S" word and my motto at this point is ""Stay out of the operating room unless its the last resort!"

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
And you're right about the wedding CAKE! And you're right about the DH. He's still cranky. He doesn't do well with celebrations in general we've noticed. Strange. Perhaps he needs to learn to love CAKE! A piece does wonders for MY mood

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Good job on the new number Kathy
You are moving along quite well
sorry to hear about your eyes I know very little about glaucoma just that they test the pressure in the eyes at every visit looking for it ..
I am not fond of weddings too much pressure for me that's why my hubby and I married on the spur of the moment and did it on a Friday night cost was under 100 dollars including the cake and dress it was a bring your own booze wedding
Hugs Judy

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Good morning ladies!!

Kim 2.5 weeks is WAY too long!! Get yourself to the gyno asap. I think I told you before that a low dose birth control pill might be the ticket. Get your hormones checked too. Black Cohosh and Evening Primrose Oil capsules might be helpful - they never did anything for me. The only symptom I've ever had and still have (since late 2005) is the blasted hot flashes. My mother was no help and totally not at all understanding about the flashes as she had a hysterectomy at age 42 and was on HRT for many years afterwards. My sister went into meno because of chemo and has only had the occasional hot flash. We're all different.

It looks like everyone is doing well with food and scales. I've got the usual work fare. I am so loving these blackberries! When I was young we lived close to the Stanislaus River and wild blackberries grew along the banks. We would go pick gobs and gobs of them and didn't even mind the thorns and stained fingers.

Michelle

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 20 and at 215! i was 120 only a few years ago, i feel like i cant lose weight i dont even know how i let myself get so big i just want to stop bein...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.