Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Biggest WINNER START 4/15/2014
rohvannyn posted:
Hi everybody and welcome to BIGGEST WINNER.

I renamed it becauase someone who is losing weight is not losing, they are winning, right? I am going to focus on what we are winning, what we are getting, not what we are losing.

So here is how it will work. Everybody who wants to join can post weight and/or measurements (waist, hips) by this monday the 19th. Also, post one thing they are going to do differently for the next two months to kick start the weight loss. I'll set up a little form for that below.

Weigh ins will be once a week, if you'd rather use measurements that's fine too. I will set up offical threads every monday for people to post, and in the meantime will post encouraging and hopefully inspirational threads a few times a week to keep us motivated.

We will do this till Monday, July 21. At that time, the biggest WINNER will be crowned! The prize will be fame, noteriety, adulation, weight loss, and a haiku written by me in honor of your win.

Entry form:

Starting weight/measurements:

Behavior change goal:

What one extra thing are you going to do to help achieve this:

Have fun!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 192.4 Goal: 140

bigred53 responded:
Count me in. I'm going to count my pennies and see if I can find a reasonably priced scale at WalMart tonight since I need to go there anyway for TP and deodorant.

BTW I love that you named it 'Biggest Winner'.

Michelle

rohvannyn replied to bigred53's response:
If you have a chance, check second hand stores too. I got a nice digital BMI calculating scale for about ten bucks. Welcome!
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

bigred53 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Now Roh, you've got to remember I hate shopping!!!...lol. I should probably send the son around to Goodwill and a couple of other thrift stores.

Thanks for the idea.

Michelle

True enough, and I'll bet WallyWorld has some cheap ones too. For those who don't have scales, we could do measurements too.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

rohvannyn replied to rohvannyn's response:
My starting post! Yay! Everybody else who wants to join, chime in by the end of Monday.

Starting weight: 194.8

No measures/pedometer readings yet

Goal: more activity and little to no JUNK

What will I change to obtain this: getting 4 walks a week and working out with my exercise bands again. Resisting the temptation for even grain-free snacks. Re-assessing my lunch choices. Mooooore water!
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

parakeet210 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Starting weight: 257.8

Sorry didn't see this....

My goals: to eat healthy 95% of the time, which includes eat outs I'm not going to do my measurements just weight. I'd like to be a size 18 when this challenge is done as well!!

Thanks Roh!!
Happy Days are hear again the sky above is clear again....

tweety 'keet'

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 258.5

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Roh. I am definitely in too. I am debating between measurements and my weight and I will get back to you Monday AM.

The thing I would like to change most this time is my meal/ portion sizes. My boyfriend is getting ready to have weight loss surgery and is "practicing" eating smaller amounts of food. He has lost 60 lbs since December just by doing this. I have it stuck in my head that I need to have 3 big meals a day plus snacks. I would like to change that mindset.

I will do this by logging my food the old fashioned way with paper and pen, drinking lots of water which will reduce the amount of diet coke that I drink, I will continue to try for healthy, unprocessed foods.

Thanks for doing this.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 315.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

kalimiller replied to rachael2011's response:
I'll post my starting weight on Monday.

I think that I want my goal to be to work out at least 4 of the 5 weekdays for at least 20 minutes. Whether it be biking, walking, jumping jacks, situps, whatever. 20 minutes of activity.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

bigred53 replied to kalimiller's response:
Roh you are already brave!! I'd post a picture but I'm technologically challenged.

I got a cheap scale at WalMart last night -$11. So I will post my weight Monday.

My goals are to eat as healthily as possible and continue with the no soda theme.

Sorry but exercise will not be on my adgenda this time as I've had a problem the last few months if I walk a lot - say all over WalMart, my right leg kind of goes numb/dead and feels like it's going to collapse. Not a good feeling. I had to sit down in the shoe section for awhile last night. I have an appointment with my doc on June 5th and that is something I'm going to be talking to him about and make an issue of it if I have to.

Have a great day everyone!!

Michelle

Welcome aboard! The cool thing about this is, everybody's goals can be different. Hope you get a good response from the doc.

Welcome to you too, Kali!
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

dmc43 responded:
Starting weight 214

One hour of exercise every day ------ swim walk bike or machines

bigred53 replied to dmc43's response:
Hi there. Let's put my starting weight down as 235.3. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to go down. I already ate too much today as I thought I was starving - a chicken cantina bowl, a small burrito and a mango tea. I also had some strawberries this morning. I'm hungry again so I'm going to have two Stouffers stuffed bell peppers. I guess I ought to stick them in the microwave, huh?

Michelle

kalimiller replied to kalimiller's response:
My weight this morning was 193 on the dot.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Roh,
I'm in. Here I was thinking it was only for a month, then I reread this post and OMG it's for TWO months.... I have to hold myself accountable for 2 whole months????!!
LOL weeeeeelllllllll. Ok. I suppose. Especially since I should have been doing that all along, right?
I'm a pushover, just ask my inner child. She gets whatever she wants lately.
On that note....

Beginning weight, Monday May 19, 2014.. 196.7lbs

My behavior change goals are;
1. to be harder on myself when it comes to food. I've been too lax. I know this. It's way too easy to just eat what everyone else in my household is eating
"No" is my new mantra and I have to commit to meaning it.
2. to get back to walking 1 mile a day, 5-6 days a week.
(It's only a mile Kim... Just do it!)

I'm not posting them here, but I am also going to be doing starting measurements, Mid point measures , and ending ones.
This will also include 3 sets of nude photos from different angles..
Now... aren't you glad I'm NOT posting them???!!

I'm doing this to help keep myself humble and to keep myself focused on exactly WHY I'm doing this and why I started.

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the single mom of four kids that keep life pretty interesting. I have 2 girls (ages 21 & 16) and 2 boys (ages 18 & 13). All still live at...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.