Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello Again :)
mardee posted:
I have missed you all and I think it is safe to say that i am back and here to stay
Quick recap......

-- I had my hip surgery in November. It is not all of the way healed, but it is getting there. I am able to walk on my own and am building strength by the day
-- I have now signed up for a gym membership and I am going 2-3 times a week with a really good friend that is also motivated to lose weight. This should help me not slack off to bad. I just started this about 2 weeks ago.
-- I also have started doing pole dancing fitness classes to help build strength and I am doing this twice a week with my friend as well. Also started about 2 weeks ago

I did step on a scale last night for my first time is over 3 or 4 months and am at 195. Before or right after my surgery I was at 191. So I have only gained 4 pound which it not two bad seeing as how I sat on my butt for a few months.

How is everyone else's life going??
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

mog1026 responded:
Hi Mardee! HOORAY! I have wondered how you are! One of the wonders of this board is when lost friends pop up again and we get the joy of hearing from them again. I bet you got a lot of reading done while you were laid up! It's terrific that the surgery went so well. And it sounds like you and your friend have your fitness plan up and running. Good for you!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 209 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
MARDEE! It's wonderful to see your beautiful face again! I'm happy to hear that you're doing well. That must have been some surgery. And you have a great plan in place. The pole dancing sounds like fun. I bet your hubby will like it too. ..lol.

Welcome back to the fold!

Michelle

kalimiller responded:
Yay! I'm glad that the surgery went well and you are at the point that you can become more active it sounds like you've got things figured out!
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

tnmist responded:
Welcome back, Mardee! I'm glad you are on the mend and continuing the journey of health. You go, girl!!

ladylavender replied to tnmist's response:
Oh, shoot. Yes, that is me - TNMist. Grrr. My mind is mush tonight...Well, welcome back, Mardee, from my alter ego! ROFL.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

parakeet210 replied to ladylavender's response:
Yay Mardees in the house!! Welcome back! So glad to hear that things are going better.
I've had a lot of rain and clouds. When this happens be a blessing for someone else.

tweety 'keet' possibly on some days sb

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 256.1

totallywiggedout responded:
Hey, Mardee, so glad to see you back again.
Your hip surgery sounds as if it was a smashing success and I'm so happy for you.
Pole dancing exercise, huh? Well, if for no other reason, it could turn into a way to make some quick money if the need ever arises, lol

Your 4lb weight gain is just a drop in the bucket when it comes to having to sit around healing. You have done very well keeping an eye on that. Congrats!

huggs
kim
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

mardee responded:
Thank you all for the welcome backs!! It does truly feel like I have family and friends here!
To be honest, I was lurking a little bit, but I didn't have much updates, but now that I am back on track, I will be here on the regular again. And yes, pole dancing is a new experience and it makes me have a new respect for some people. It is HARD stuff!! But, it is getting my strength up and get someone of my motion in my joints back.
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

- Japanese Proverb

mog1026 replied to mardee's response:
This place is a little like the Cheers bar where everybody knows your name. You've always got a friend with. Sympathetic ear!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 209 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ladylavender responded:
Mardee, you rock! You did great with your weight during your recovery, etc. ONLY 4 lbs difference. Wow. You go, girl!!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

blondie454u replied to mardee's response:
Glad to see you back and doing well!
I wish we had pole dancing glasses here. Some people look at it at as wrong but it builds so much body strength. I want lift my own body weight some day. I think that pole dancing would help with that and with my coordination. Since I live in the bible belt that will be harder to find here especially in a small town.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

rohvannyn replied to blondie454u's response:
How about Youtube or instructional videos for the pole dancing? I've heard it's an awesome workout and you can buy braced poles online.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 192.4 current: 201.8 Goal: 140

mardee responded:
It is the most intense work out in my entire life!! Haha.
I am super close to being able to do a pull up and i have only been to 6 classes. I was going to the gym for a year at a time once and did not get that close. Just an amazing work out!
And yes, great poles that wont fall over are about $250.00 so it is not to bad. It is cheaper then any treadmill or work out station that i have come across.
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

- Japanese Proverb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 and a mother of 1 year old ....I currently am 146 lbs while just 3 years ago I used to be 99 lbs ....I want to get my old self back sooo badly...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.