Skip to content
Eggs
totallywiggedout posted:
I've always thought of eggs as the World's most perfect food. Really, not as a cliche, or as a commercial, but as the most compact, nutrient dense form of food on this planet.
I also have always known about the calcium in the eggshells... so, why didn't I think of this???
This makes the egg even MORE awsome and "perfect"!

Many of my clients are allergic to dairy when we first start working together. This can make getting regular intake of calcium difficult, so my usual recommendations are bone broth and/or eggshell calcium. Why not just a calcium supplement? Because there is a much cheaper, more nutrient dense version you can make at home!
Eggshell Calcium Recipe:1) Save a few dozen used eggshells.
2) Cook them at 300 degrees for about 20-25 minutes to dry them out.
3) Let cool for 30-60 minutes.
4) Blend in a coffee grinder or high speed blender (like Vita-mix ) until you get a very fine powdered consistency (very important!)
5) Consume about 1/8-1/4* tsp with a little water or juice 1-3x per day or as needed to meet your individual health needs. 1tsp eggshell calcium equals about 800 mg calcium.

I just saw this and had to share it.

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

mardee responded:
That sounds amazing!!
I have a horrible calcium and vitamin D deficiency. So i think i am going to try this.
THANKS KIM!
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
It is really for people who are lactose intolerant, I suppose, but why shouldn't we use the shells when they are "there" and can provide nutrients to our bodies? Right?

I crush a bunch of mine every month to feed my plants too, so this is just something else I'm going to save my shells for .

huggs
k

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Bringing this back up so that the ppl who missed the weekend plus some, who may need it, can see it.

huggs
k

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kayla, I'm 20 years old. I've always had a hard time with my weight and not for typical reasons. I've never been a snacker, I a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.