Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/weight-loss/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

Eggs
    totallywiggedout posted:
    I've always thought of eggs as the World's most perfect food. Really, not as a cliche, or as a commercial, but as the most compact, nutrient dense form of food on this planet.
    I also have always known about the calcium in the eggshells... so, why didn't I think of this???
    This makes the egg even MORE awsome and "perfect"!

Many of my clients are allergic to dairy when we first start working together. This can make getting regular intake of calcium difficult, so my usual recommendations are bone broth and/or eggshell calcium. Why not just a calcium supplement? Because there is a much cheaper, more nutrient dense version you can make at home!
    Eggshell Calcium Recipe:1) Save a few dozen used eggshells.
    2) Cook them at 300 degrees for about 20-25 minutes to dry them out.
    3) Let cool for 30-60 minutes.
    4) Blend in a coffee grinder or high speed blender (like Vita-mix ) until you get a very fine powdered consistency (very important!)
    5) Consume about 1/8-1/4* tsp with a little water or juice 1-3x per day or as needed to meet your individual health needs. 1tsp eggshell calcium equals about 800 mg calcium.

I just saw this and had to share it.

huggs
    k
    Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
    Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

mardee responded:
    That sounds amazing!!
    I have a horrible calcium and vitamin D deficiency. So i think i am going to try this.
    THANKS KIM!
    Mardee
    CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
    - Japanese Proverb

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
    It is really for people who are lactose intolerant, I suppose, but why shouldn't we use the shells when they are "there" and can provide nutrients to our bodies? Right?

I crush a bunch of mine every month to feed my plants too, so this is just something else I'm going to save my shells for .

huggs
    k

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
    Bringing this back up so that the ppl who missed the weekend plus some, who may need it, can see it.

huggs
    k

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been battling my weight since I was 3 years old. I have been on many diets and with many agencies and doctors. I am looking for support and ide...More

Helpful Tips

Eating potato salad without feeling guilty
    The other night I bought a container of potato salad for dinner and instead of having a big pile of it on my plate, I filled half of my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.