Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
For Kathy.. and anyone else , of course
totallywiggedout posted:
For your Larabar fixation remedy, I give you these.
1 a day, lady, and they are nothin but good for you...no additives no preservatives and not as many calories.

http://holisticsquid.com/almond-boy-bid-your-sugar-cravings-buh-bye/

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

mog1026 responded:
Thanks Kim but how can this BE? The LB is only nuts and dates. No additives, no preservatives, no fats, no chocolate. How can I add a big white gob of coconut oil and choco chips and have less calories? It looks like 1/2 size of an LB so it should be less than 100 calories. Is that right? This Inquiring mind wants to know. xxoo
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 209 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
This is a perfect gift for my paleo friend. Don't know if it makes sense to me either Kathy?
I've had a lot of rain and clouds. When this happens be a blessing for someone else.

tweety 'keet' possibly on some days sb

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 252.0

totallywiggedout responded:
Kathy this is the perfect exercise for you and all of us!
This is a link to a "nothing" vid, it just shows your what to do with motion in it, but nothing else...I hope this link works I just saw it on Pinterest and wanted to share.

http://theberry.com/2012/09/17/daily-motivation-16-photos-125/daily-motivation-9-1-4/

huggs
k

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I wonder if I could do that. Looks like that other girl was holding the ball. I got one of those balls and the only thing I've done with it was bounce it to the kids. ha ha!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Holy crap! I can't do THAT ONE! I have trouble putting my weight forward to empty the clothes dryer. I'm much happier when my weight is on my heels. It looks like a great link tho and I like the idea of a suggested move a day. Thanks! I'll keep checking it. BTW Kim, I did my 10 minutes again last night
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 209 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
yay
I've had a lot of rain and clouds. When this happens be a blessing for someone else.

tweety 'keet' possibly on some days sb

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 252.0

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Ok, sorry Kathy and Keet, it took me awhile to get this all down. I just haven't had the energy to go searching for much of anything this week.
Almond Boy vs Larabar
Please remember that this is a SNACK , more like something to quickly nip a sweet tooth in the bud without completely blowing the day and still being as nutrition packed as possible.

I'm going with approx avg on the larabars, since there are several flavors and they range from about 190 calories per bar, up to 230 cal. , most are in the 200 range so I'll go that.

Also, remember that that "big gob of coconut oil" is probably not more than 1 tsp which is 1/3 the serving size... this is fitting into a date , remember, so you would probably even use less than that tsp, but for convenience's sake I'm going w/ a tsp.
You're also just sprinkling in a few mini choc chips, or maybe 4-5 dark chocolate chips, maybe a Tblsp if that.

Total differences that I've calculated are as follows

Larabar 200 calories vs AB 113 calories 87 cal diff
AB 4.54 Total Fats vs Larabar .5 Total Fats 4.04 TF diff
Larabar .5g monounsat fats vs AB .12g .38g diff
Larabar 400g potassium vs AB 175g 225g diff
Larabar 30g carbs vs AB 18.24g carbs 11.73g diff
Larabar 4g fiber vs AB 1.75g fiber 2.25g diff
Larabar 23g sugar vs AB 15.99g sugar 7.01g diff

The main difference in the fats of these choices is that the Larabars have an avg of 2g of polyunsat. fats, which lower both the bad AND the good cholesterol levels in your body.
You need HDL (the good) to maintain the architecture of your cell membranes, regulate BP, regulate blood clot formation and regulate your immune function.

The sugars are a bit more in the Larabar also.

Larabars are not bad for you. I wasn't trying to say that. They are all natural with no sodium added, etc.
The biggest thing is the automatic 200cal serving size. Unless you buy the larabar minis, you are going to eat that whole bar because it's there and that's what your brain perceives as the serving size. Once it's open... it's ALL yours.
In downsizing to the minis or to this SINGLE Almond Boy to kill your craving , you would see that as your serving size and if eaten slowly, you could be just as satisfied with the one little serving as you were with the bigger, more calorie laden Larabar.

I was giving an option for something just as healthy, but smaller in portion , to help soothe the savage beast(sweet tooth).

huggs
k

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 20 and at 215! i was 120 only a few years ago, i feel like i cant lose weight i dont even know how i let myself get so big i just want to stop bein...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.