sweet potato or brown rice I may go for the sweet potato
side salad

the usual nuts fruits and yogurt for supper
yesterday I did a nice 1 hour walk
hope to do the same today if the rain isn;t too bad
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Oh BTW KIm Thank you for being so great you really did a wonderful job on the rainbow posts
I like how you turned it into a boot camp style maybe I should take more vacations ...
thanks again Hugs Judy
ps you have Gage to keep you busy now I bet he is growing fast .
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller responded:
Good morning. Weight was up a little this morning to 191.4. I suspect that it is because I am starting my monthlies in the next day or so. It should drop back down after that.

Doing a game night with some of my siblings tonight. We're having homemade fried rice (I'll only have a little of that) and homemade lettuce wraps that I'm making.

I hope that everyone is having a good Friday so far!
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

ausgram responded:
I'm totally bummed. I went back to 184. Boo hoo!

I had 963 calories yesterday. I kept track real good. I will today too.

No exercise is my problem. I will make it a point to walk, even if I have to get on my treadmill. I hate going out with those mosquitoes being so bad.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

kalimiller replied to ausgram's response:
Ugh, you and me both. I can be outside for two seconds and come away with 17 mosquito bites. My husband gets maybe one. MAYBE. I must be delicious. Also, mine take like 5 days to go away.

Last week, I had three mosquito bites on my butt. WTH. I'm not running around naked - so I have NO idea how I got some there. DH made fun of me
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

totallywiggedout responded:
I'm finally here! I finally made it through all the previous posts that I wanted to answer to... jeez this place just EXPLODED since yesterday when I was last on!

Morning Judy et al.
Nice pic for this morning, and I see you threw in raspberries for breakfast, oh! and an orange ... Nice. I bet they were good.

I haven't walked much since my foot troubles. And now, with having to get up and down carrying Gage most days, I'm pretty well beat up when I finally fall into bed. I'm not getting anywhere near the exercise I need, but I'm afraid to overdo it then not be able to take care of him like I need to.

This next SS check, I'm buying my ultralight stroller, though. This is the gramma stroller to go with my gramma carseat, lol
My own set; that isn't heavy, or comes in several different pieces(like the carseat,babycarrier,toymobile contraptions) that the kids all seem to "need" nowadays.

Gage growing fast is like the World's biggest understatement, Judy. LOL
He will be 2 mos old on Sunday ... He has gone from 6 lbs 15 oz at birth to 12lbs 3 oz yesterday. He's grown 3 1/2 inches too! At this rate, I'll ne lugging around Andre the Giant before he's 2!

and that folks , is your humorous image for today.....

PB sandwich attack late last night and my scale recorded the transgression....nice of it....it may be time to shoot that scale

traitor!

am weight 198.. meaning I now have 3lbs to lose for the mini challenge
waaaaah!

as for watchin the babie chicks while u were away...it was nothing. most of em have ADD..all I had to do to keep em entertained was to turn on the TV and the cartoons did the rest

Breakfast
coffee x 2
water

Lunch w/ Michael and Gagey
blueberry pancakes w/ sf syrup
turkey bacon
unsw tea w/ stevia

Dinner
big mixed salad w/ some walnuts n craisins w/ rasp. vinaigrette

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

bigred53 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Good morning everyone! Happy Friday too. I took the day off for my monthly beauty day. I need all the help I can get. ..lol.

The full moon is today/tonight too. It's called the 'Strawberry Moon'.

I'm not sure what is on the menu today. I got some granola bars last night. I'll probably have a premium chicken wrap from McDonald's. That salad I had last night was the bomb! I might have to have another one. I've got to get some fruit in there too.

Now for the mosquito situation. Take B-complex vitamins. For some reason those little devils won't like the taste of you. Also they don't like Avon's Skin so Soft body oil either. Does anybody remember the days when those fogger trucks would drive around the city summer evenings? I'm aging myself. ..lol.

Kim don't feel too bad about not exercising. If you're lugging around that little football player all day you're doing great. I know I couldn't do that. Well I guess if I had to I would. Besides you don't want to hurt yourself. I agree that those carriers are more trouble than they're worth. Too big and bulky and heavy without the baby.

Well my dears I've got to get moving - things to do and places to go. I'll be back later. Try to carry on without me. ..lol!

Michelle

tbird88 replied to bigred53's response:
Good everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing fine. I had oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. Planning to go to gym this afternoon. I have to pickup car from body shop today. It was being repaired from the accident when the truck rolled onto it.

Well I had a good b-day dinner. I had a burrito with rice,beans, grilled veggies and tofu, and salsa. It was real good and I treated myself to vodka and cranberry juice. I haven't had alcohol in 4 months. It was a skinny so it only had 90 calories. But back to no alcohol. That is a rare treat now.
Tia SW 267 CW 234.0 GW 160

mardee responded:
I am NEVER weighing myself ever ever never ever again. The reason i say this is because the scale says that i have not lost a single pound in the last week. However, my tape measure says that i have lost an inch around my mid-section. I mad at the scale and in love with the measuring tape.

Breakfast was grapes and a banana and some grapes
Lunch Will be spinach with raspberries
Dinner will be chicken Alfredo. The Alfredo part is more for the husband. He is trying to eat healthier, but he likes his flavors.

So, remember how on Wednesday i went to the gym for 3 hours?? Well, everyone kept telling my that 2 days after would be horrible. I did not believe any of them. And here i am today unable to walk strait up. I over did it worse then i ever have So today is going to be water aerobics. I don't think i could go to the gym today even if i wanted
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

mog1026 replied to mardee's response:
PITY PARTY FOR MARDEE, EVERYONE!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 209 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mardee responded:
Judy — Vacations are always good for the mind and soul! I would take one once a month if I could.

Kali — You should share your lettuce wrap recipe. That sounds delicious!

Aus — On days that I know that I am not going to be active, I do simple things at my desk at work, or on my couch while I am watching TV. Follow this link for some great ideas.
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk45efdje/best-exercises-to-do-at-your-desk-2/

Kim — I don't think I heard what happened to your foot. Would you mind filling me in?

Michelle — Why is it called a strawberry moon? Do you know?

Tia — A rare treat every once in awhile is a good thing It's the not over doing it part that I have a hard time with I don't drink all that often, but when I do, I over do it! I always have fun though.

Kathy — No pity party just a little venting. Haha
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

- Japanese Proverb

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Party's over...you're making muscles, Mardee, and we all HATE THE SCALE, except some of us HATE THE TAPE MEASURE TOO! xx Sweetie. It will be better behaved tomorrow I'm thinking . Keep up the good work!

Weigh in was 208.4. I had the HH's this morning and sorta mindlessly ate too much cereal while I did the NYT crossword puzzle. It's my morning ritual and it was so hard today it spilled over into breakfast before it was done. I mean who has ever heard of "Souljaboytellem"? Well obviously someone has, the evil constructor, but not most NYT readers! It was fun:-)

Breakfast - 1/2 banana, 2 1/2 cups dry cereal

I should have eaten lunch by now but not too hungry at the moment cause of all the cereal. Yum yum yum. I love Puffins

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Okay Mardee, weirdness to the extreme!! I clicked on your link for the Forbes desk exercises because I knew they would be good for me, and most of them are, THANKS! But I'm reading along and I KNOW THESE PEOPLE! Heidi Freyer was in Alex's class from K-12 and Nolan Palmer-Smith was a year ahead and married one of Katrina's friends. I'm thinking that another local kid must have written the article if these are the two experts. Such a small world!

Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Mardee I have no idea why it's called the Strawberry Moon. Maybe because June was once the height of the strawberry season? Now days we have them in mid December at the field stands.

Anyway all the different full moons have names. I found a list of them via Google. I think one of the winter ones is called the Howling Wolf Moon. It was interesting to me. My list is at work but I'm home today.

Scales are evil, hateful torture devices! Mardee with all of the exercise you're doing you're building muscle which is denser and more compact than fat. That's why you lose inches but not weight. Concentrate on eating right and your exercise and that nasty scale will start cooperating.

Btw originally Alfredo sauce was butter, garlic, parmesan and parsley. Not the super rich, creamy stuff we have today. It's not called a heart attack on a plate for nothing. I had my share of the stuff and I can make a fabulous sauce but I haven't for years. Now days I prefer something lighter. If I had someone special in my life I would make it for them if they asked.

Michelle

mardee replied to bigred53's response:
Michelle
You are super correct!! Just looked into it and it is because of the strawberry season.

All of the full moons of each month have a different name given to them by the Native Americans

January's full moon is called 'Wolf Moon' because the wolves would have issues finding food and would howl at the moon

February's moon is called 'Snow Moon' because of the amount of snow fall

March's moon is called 'Worm Moon' because the ground thaws enough for the worms to come out of the ground which would bring birds

April's moon is called 'Pink Moon' because this is when pink moss and wild ground phlox would begin to grow.

May's moon is called 'Flower Moon' because of all of the flowers

July's moon is called 'Buck Moon' because deer would lose their alters this time of year

August's moon is called 'Sturgeon Moon' because sturgeon is a large fish in the great lakes that would be caught

September's moon is called 'Corn Moon' because of harvest season

October's moon is called 'Hunter's Moon' because of hunting season

November's moon is called 'Beaver Moon' because this is when you would set the beaver traps before the swamps froze

December's moon is called 'Cold Moon' because it is cold.

Sorry for the long post, but i thought this was pretty neat
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

- Japanese Proverb