Skip to content
Hi, new here and looking to lose weight.
thegoat91 posted:
Hi,

My name is Rene DuBois and I am a 37 year old man. I stand 5'1" tall and I weigh in at 315 lbs. I have been heavier and I have been much lighter, but I know that now is the time that I need to make a change. My wife gave birth to our first child in September of 2012 and I just recently found out that she is nine months pregnant with our second. I have been complacent about my weight for far too long, and because I have allowed myself to get continuously derailed when trying to make healthy changes I have ended up gaining weight back rather than losing.

I understand that a positive change has to start with me, and I'm ready to make the commitment to a healthier life. I owe that to my wife and to my children, and most of all I want to feel better again. I'm tired of my knees and back aching, I'm tired of the muscle and bone pain, I'm tired of the headaches and fatigue, and most of all I'm just tired of being someone I don't really care for. I need to get on track and start taking steps to regain control in my life. I know this journey is going to be difficult and I'm hoping that there are members here who could help me along and offer support. I'm truly grateful to have found the information on weight loss here, and this amazing discussion forum. I want to take a moment to thank you all for reading this, and I look forward to participating here and working towards my ultimate weight loss goal.

Thank you again,

Rene

jis4judy responded:
Hi Rene welcome aboard this forum is slow on weekends because many log in from work keep checking in and join us in our quest to eat a rainbow of fruits and vegies it does help in our journey to be healthier as well as weighing less
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

j9celeste responded:
Welcome Rene!

You will find some wonderful support here along with tons of information. And I, for one, completely understand getting sick of all of the issues that come with extra weight; the sore knees and back, the fatigue, and many others. I hope that you find help here!

XOXO
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 297-6/6/14-CW 289.4 GW 165

totallywiggedout responded:
Rene, walk sweety. It's the very best way to get your exercise without killing yourself. Not only will it help you to burn some calories, but it will strengthen your back and tummy(erector muscles) , improve your gait and your overall health (mood included) .
If you walk a mile every day, you will soon feel the difference in your feet and legs when you first get up in the morning. That tiredness will also lesson and without that first pain in the morning, you'll feel more enlivened and invigorated all day.

I'm not sure you wrote that right, but I'm gonna check anyhow.... how on Earth did your wife slip in 9 whole months of pregnancy past you without you knowing or noticing.... is that a typo or are you stationed somewhere without her?

Anyway, welcome aboard.
Eat to feed your body. Drink lots of water. LOTS. Create a food and fitness planner and log your daily intake and exercise. It helps to have that as a guide so that you can tweek whatever you need to to achieve your goals.
Be adaptable. Accept that your body will respond to some things while it'll rebel against others. Trial and error. But you will end up learning what is the best way for you to travel your journey and it'll be knowledge that will help you stick with it forever.

huggs
kim
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

blondie454u responded:
Hello and welcome aboard. You have a great attitude and as long as you stay positive even if you mess up, you can do this! It's a lifestyle change. Whatever you do to lose the weight you will have to do it for the rest of you life. Make slow changes to your eating habits and exercise. Don't do too much at once so you won't get overwhelmed. Take one day and one step at a time. You didn't gain it over night and you won't lose it overnight. It will be a mental and physical process that you will go through. Keep us posted and keep posting. This is a very supportive group.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

thegoat91 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thank you Kim, and I did have a type there. It's nine weeks, not months. I appreciate the advice though and I plan to start taking walks with my daughter every day. I need to do this for myself and for my family.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was always skinny. Worked hard at it. Then 20 years ago, i met my husband. I've put on 70 lbs since then. I've tried different diets. I real...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.