Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

What has worked for those who have lost weight
    deshone1 posted:
    need help finding out what works or is good

jis4judy responded:
    Hi deshone1 welcome aboard
    I used focusing on nutrition for my main plan I cut out or greatly reduced my consumption of anything processed foods from nature are way better for you and you get to eat more of these fruits and vegies so you don;t feel starved
    My plan started in 2003 and the first year lost most of my excess weight I have been maintaining since just about 11 years on plan just make it something you can live with so you have the maintaining built in
    there is nothing so heartbreaking than dieting removing excess weight then going back to old habits and regaing it plus more been the done that a few times
    I hope this helps hugs Judy
    SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
    life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
    deshone, good food, real food, always works best. Diets arefor short term "quick fixes", but you will gain it all back and more because they are unsustainable for the lifetime of commitment . They are just too strict. Eat smaller portions, log your intake, do some walking....every day make small choices that reduce some calories, and you will lose weight.

welcome aboard, we are glad you joined us.

hugs
    kim
    Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
    Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

ausgram responded:
    Welcome deshone1 - The only thing that really really helps me is keeping my calories where they should be, i.e. 1200 - 1400 and EXERSIZE. Like Walking. Simply as that. Ha!! But if your young it is easy to take off if you stick to it. If your 65 or older, heaven knows it's murder trying to get that weight off, let alone keeping it off.
    AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
    God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

blondie454u responded:
    Basically what they said and welcome aboard!
    Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

blondie454u responded:
    Basically what they said and welcome aboard!
    Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to blondie454u's response:
    welcome
    I've had a lot of rain and clouds. When this happens be a blessing for someone else.

tweety 'keet' possibly on some days sb

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 252.0

rohvannyn responded:
    Welcome to the group! For me, personally, the one thing that has helped me the most is going either low carb or cutting out ALL grains including rice and that usually makes me be low carb too. Basically the Paleo lifestyle. I lose weight pretty easily on that if I can stick to it. The main problem is you need good teeth to handle the minimally processed food, and you need the ability to afford the natural foods needed.
    Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 201.8 Current weight: 197.8 Goal: 140

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone today I came across this website and decided to be A NEW ME! I will need your help so if you have any for a newbe like can you share? T...More

Helpful Tips

Eating potato salad without feeling guilty
    The other night I bought a container of potato salad for dinner and instead of having a big pile of it on my plate, I filled half of my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.