Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What has worked for those who have lost weight
deshone1 posted:
need help finding out what works or is good

jis4judy responded:
Hi deshone1 welcome aboard
I used focusing on nutrition for my main plan I cut out or greatly reduced my consumption of anything processed foods from nature are way better for you and you get to eat more of these fruits and vegies so you don;t feel starved
My plan started in 2003 and the first year lost most of my excess weight I have been maintaining since just about 11 years on plan just make it something you can live with so you have the maintaining built in
there is nothing so heartbreaking than dieting removing excess weight then going back to old habits and regaing it plus more been the done that a few times
I hope this helps hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
deshone, good food, real food, always works best. Diets arefor short term "quick fixes", but you will gain it all back and more because they are unsustainable for the lifetime of commitment . They are just too strict. Eat smaller portions, log your intake, do some walking....every day make small choices that reduce some calories, and you will lose weight.

welcome aboard, we are glad you joined us.

hugs
kim
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

ausgram responded:
Welcome deshone1 - The only thing that really really helps me is keeping my calories where they should be, i.e. 1200 - 1400 and EXERSIZE. Like Walking. Simply as that. Ha!! But if your young it is easy to take off if you stick to it. If your 65 or older, heaven knows it's murder trying to get that weight off, let alone keeping it off.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

blondie454u responded:
Basically what they said and welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

blondie454u responded:
Basically what they said and welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to blondie454u's response:
welcome
I've had a lot of rain and clouds. When this happens be a blessing for someone else.

tweety 'keet' possibly on some days sb

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 252.0

rohvannyn responded:
Welcome to the group! For me, personally, the one thing that has helped me the most is going either low carb or cutting out ALL grains including rice and that usually makes me be low carb too. Basically the Paleo lifestyle. I lose weight pretty easily on that if I can stick to it. The main problem is you need good teeth to handle the minimally processed food, and you need the ability to afford the natural foods needed.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 201.8 Current weight: 197.8 Goal: 140

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a lot of weight to lose and hoping that I can get help and support from others on here and I hope that I can return the help and support too (s...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.