weight 151.5

breakfast

2.8 oz orange
2.8 oz strawberries
1/2 C bran flakes
1/4 C heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
1 C black coffee

yesterday I had a sore foot so I was a slug for the day it feels a little better today but I might be a slug again
Dinner plan is broccoli sweet potato baked chicken breast side salad

I find it weird that I removed 1 pound while being a slug
my body still amazes me
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

ausgram responded:
Morning Judy - Its not that our bodies amaze us, it's how it shocks us. LOL

Weigh In - 182
Brkfst - 1 banana, 1 cup joe
Lunch - out with my daughter, so no telling what it could be. ha.

I'll try and get back here later, but not sure I will cause of the storms we been getting every afternoon/evening.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout responded:
Judy, love the pic this am.
Here's a little secret..my ... dirty little secret.... You know, I'll try just about anything in the kitchen. right? I , have, never, ever , used raw ginger root. I see it in your pic and I know I should..... I know that just about every darned "recipe" for smoothies out there right now, has a slice of fresh peeled ginger root in it, but... I'm wondering about texture, can you help?
Seems to me that this would have a woody, pulpy texture. Like chewing on a really dried up piece of bamboo shoot. Sorta, kinda, stringy.... am I close?
I don't like stringy things in my smoothies. I've found that I cannot use any type of citrus fruits(other than canned mandarine oranges) or even pineapple because it just will not blend smooth

Please take some more downtime today... be a slug. Your foot won't get better if you stress it. Believe me. You do not want foot troubles to really take hold..... that kind of pain is almost unbearable. Take today off too if you can. Put your feet into some Epsom salts and just relax.
Ah well...
Breakfast
fruit/veggie smoothie
vanilla coffee w/ stevia x 2
water, but of course!

Lunch
Same sort of smoothie, only different ingred's.
water

PM snack
2 Tblsp PB2 w/ lg sliced apple

Dinner
1/2 lg chicken breast, pan fried in a little olive oil w/ ital. seasonings, diced
over
lg spinach salad w/ red onion, cukes and tomatoes
w/ mustard/ff ranch mixed for dressing
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim I think ginger root maybe too fibrous for a smoothie
maybe if you cook it first and put the essence of ginger in your smoothie maybe make ginger ice cubes or something like that . I was using the ginger root in my green tea for a while
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
I've used ginger root in oriental food chopped very fine and it's delish

You can peel it with the tip of a teaspoon Why not buy a sample of chopped in grocery store n see if u like.

249.4 I'm workin it. Will try n get some exercise today. Yesterday walked a good half hour Bkfst. Protein tost honey cinnamon 1/2 c coffee Going to get lighter on coffee n hope it helps my anxiety

Hi all. Best
I've had a lot of rain and clouds. When this happens be a blessing for someone else.

tweety 'keet' possibly on some days sb

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 252.0

j9celeste responded:
Good morning everybody

Breathe and re-boot this morning. Up two pounds. I knew after my terrible binge Friday night it would show up on the scale sooner or later. It was later, but it still showed up.

We went to the Back to the 50's car show yesterday and walked for four hours. Didn't make up for the donut, cheeseburger and onion rings that I had. Sometimes I get out there in the world and just say screw it...usually a little harsher language but I don't want to use that here

I'm back on my cane today after the four hours walking and standing today. My knee is causing agonizing pain. I hope that I can get into town and go to water aerobics. I really need that for my weight loss.

Sometimes the scale is not my friend. Today I will be working for a loss tomorrow on said scale.

I, too, am a creamer freak. I have cut back...I'm working on it. I used to just pour until my coffee was the right color, but now I'm measuring. I am down to 3 T per day total in my two cups of coffee.

Breakfast
1C Raisin Bran with Crunchy Granola
1/2C Skin milk
6 Dried apricots

Morning snack
Banana

Lunch
Spinach/Romaine salad with grilled chicken and all the veggies

Afternoon snack (if needed)
Apple

Dinner
Homemade spaghetti, measured portion, with wheat noodles

So I'll be getting red, orange, yellow and green. Not too bad.

I hope that everybody has a great day. I'm just trying to keep my head up today and move forward.

XOXO
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 297-6/6/14-CW 286.4 GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to j9celeste's response:
Janine, lovey... take care. Keep your chin up and thank God, like I do, that they don't shoot hobbled people like they do horses! LOL
We'd both be goners for sure, Kathy too, and today with her feet, so would Judy....
I am thinking water exercises today too. It's tstorms likely throughout this whole week so I'm hoping to use it as an excuse to go to the gym more.

hugs
k

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

kalimiller responded:
Morning all.

I had a breakfast burrito this morning - sans tortilla. Water.
Not sure what I'm doing for lunch. DH has work off today - so I think I'll see if he wants to come up here and have lunch with me.
I hope that everyone is having a good day so far!

I've used ginger in cooking asian dishes - peel it and then mince it up like you would garlic.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

tbird88 replied to kalimiller's response:
Hi everybody,

I hope everybody gets well and feeing better. Judy, I hope your foot feels better soon and Janine I hope your knee starts feeling better. Me I just having a real sluggish time here, I just don't want to exercise. I don't know why but I just want to rest. I feel sore from this weekend and just want to take some time off. I only exercised Saturday and took Sunday off but I feel like I've been lifting bricks all day. Well I think my diet is okay. I had beans for dinner last night and soup for lunch. Something is off but I don't know what. I do have a doctor's appointment in a couple of weeks to check my Lithium levels and Iron levels. Sometimes I think my antidepressants throw me off. Because I take Lithium, Wellbutrin and Risperadl for bipolar. My moods, I think make me feel down and I can't do what I normally do. So I will just have to hang in here until this mood passes. Well take care everyone and looking forward to a better tomorrow.
Tia SW 267 CW 231.2 GW 160

j9celeste replied to tbird88's response:
Hello Tia

A bipolar sister!!! I am physically allergic to Lithium, but I am on Wellbutrin. Risperdal made me manic so it didn't work. I'm also on Lamictal and Latuda. The weight gain and energy drain from the meds and the illness makes it tough, but we keep trying! I understand sometimes needing to wait for a mood to pass. Even though it's unhealthy and dangerous, I sometimes welcome a manic episode for the energy!!! Hang in there sweetie!

XOXO
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 297-6/6/14-CW 288.2 GW 165

parakeet210 replied to j9celeste's response:
All of you footsies tootsies take care of yourself and Janine the knee ouch! take good care today.

Tia I was on Risperdal for years 10 and it raised my prolactin levels to the point they no longer will prescribe it to me! are ur breasts hurting when its not the monthly?? Janine u need to be aware of this too.

God speed......................................

lunch: 1 banana, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries in chobani 100 cal yogurt and a small handful mixed nuts
all mixed up and a little bit of granola.
I'm really hungry!!

I only had a 1/2 c. of coffee today and so far the anxiety is in check. First clean day of all of chemicals!
I've had a lot of rain and clouds. When this happens be a blessing for someone else.

tweety 'keet' possibly on some days sb

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 252.0

tbird88 replied to j9celeste's response:
Hi bipolar sister!! Oh someone who understands...I can definitely relate to the weight gain and energy drain from the meds and the illness. Ha!ha! I know the manic episode give me so much energy I wish I could stay that way....the lows are no fun and that is what I'm fighting right now. Thank you for the support and I hope this will pass quickly.

tbird88 replied to parakeet210's response:
Hi Keet,

I haven't noticed any breast pain outside my monthly. But my prolactin levels were high and I had to have a MRI because they thought I had a tumor in my brain. They didn't find anything though.(Knock on wood)These meds sure are the pits with their side effects and all.

Keet, your lunch sounds really good. All that yummy fruit and yogurt. All I had was a veggie sandwich, tomato,lettuce, onion and tofurky (vegan meat). I guess it was alright. Well back to my napping. Take care.

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Update for today...
Keet, yes, this am I was feeling better, but about noon got up to fix my lunch and friggen got a twang again in my hip, which (of course) made me step funny on my right foot and it started up all over again.
I wrapped the foot in sports tape across the arch and around my ankle... it was really comfortable, until it became unbearable. lol
In order to make it feel best around the arch, it has to be tight, but then my feet swell a bit in the heat, and it has to come off.... arch supports are out of the question. They tend to make my feet feel bruised . So I'm trying different things to try to relieve this ache.

anyway, I flipped my lunch and dinner. Got hungry for something "hot" so I had my chicken breast already.

But I just fixed up a really delicious smoothie.

1c coconut water(not milk)
1/4 of a ripe mango
1/2 banana
1 pkt stevia
2 handfuls of frozen baby spinach
1 ice cube

This baby would be really good for breakfast, since it's so much smoother and sweeter than my usuals
It also may be the one I try fresh ginger root in tomorrow, since I'm buying one tonight.

hugs
k

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

tbird88 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi everyone,

Well I picked up my wedding dress in the main office at my apartment complex. It is adorable. It is a simple elegant dress that is sweep length. I am so excited! Now I have my shoes and my dress. This made my day! The dress is a size 16 and I am just getting into a 18W blouse. So I have my work cut out for me I have until Sept 6, 2014. Oh my goodness! My shoes are a royal blue strappy shoe with rhinestones. The wedding is royal blue, emerald green and ivory. My dress is ivory. Oh my goodness. I am getting real excited and nervous now.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi In the beginning I wasn't trying to lose weight I was increasing my fruits vegies and reducing sweets to improve my vision that took a bad turn...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.