Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help
An_257779 posted:
I lost 120 lbs I the past however its coming back on since weight loss surgery three years ago. Currently feeling so down I've been going to the gym for the last three weeks and nothing not one pound off. I weighted my self this morning 273. I feeling like a failure I am writing down my intake starting today. I keep telling myself that what I putting in must be to much so I will track my intake and hitting gym 5 days a week. Cadio 45 mins and weights 6 exercise a night. Just feel like I am letting myself down. Help. I want to weight 190 and live healthy.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi An7779, don't despair. You know what the rules were for your post surgical procedure. You probably still have the handouts that they gave you. Refer back to them, but I urge you to see your doctor before you go much further.
For one thing, if you are still watching what you are eating, like you were trained to do before surgery, then you have something else going on that may need a doctor's care. There are many things that can be out of balance after stomach reduction surgery so you need your physician's advice more than ours right now.
Do not try to go this alone.
If your dr says everything is functioning properly, then it's time for you to see a nutritionist to learn as much as you can about what you need to do to reduce your weight again and keep it off without making yourself ill for lack of nutrients, which can happen very quickly after stomach surgery. Nutritional balance is key to all of us losing weight, healthfully, but for you after your surgery, it's more involved and needs the attention of professionals trained to deal with post reduction living.

Of course, we are always here to lean on. If you need emotional support or just want to rant or log and blog your intake along with us, that would be wonderful.
We had a woman, PinkisNancy, who took us from start to finish through her stomach reduction process last year. It was great and we all learned so much from her. Perhaps you could look her up on the members list and read her blogs from the start all the way through on her journey...it may help with yours.

welcome aboard
hugs
kim
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

jis4judy responded:
Hi anon I have very little knowledge of weight loss surgery
have you contacted your doctor for help with this regain ?
we had a member that had the surgery but she has dropped off this board for the last few months .
do you remember the plan you had 3 years ago well you should have stayed on that plan we cannot exercise off bad eating habits we have to change how we eat and when we eat and how much we eat I am a former foodie so my plan is for life I started 11 years ago focusing on nutrition first then portion control the exercise is a simple walk every day weight lifting 2 times a week my starting weight was 247 current is 151 I have been maintain over 10 years this can be done
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

j9celeste responded:
Hello An_257779!

You are not a failure! You are here and you are trying. If that's all you can do today, it's better than nothing. If we keep trying, we will succeed! Don't give up!

XOXO
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 297-6/6/14-CW 288.2 GW 165

parakeet210 replied to j9celeste's response:
I believe everyone has given great advice and I echo what they have said. We're a supportful group and I encourage you to keep doing the work so you can see results.
I've had a lot of rain and clouds. When this happens be a blessing for someone else.

tweety 'keet' possibly on some days sb

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 252.0

spayne1090 replied to parakeet210's response:
Thank you everyone. I guess rather I know I have to take responsibility and do what I need to do. One day at a time. I still have bouts of depression concerning my weight hell my life. I put one foot in front of another. On to the water....

totallywiggedout replied to spayne1090's response:
spayne, it's the only way to walk the path of the journey, you know? One step at a time.
And baby steps at that.

There are a lot of sites online about post reduction surgery mishaps.... weigh regain and medical problems and such. I'm so totally out of my element trying to suggest anything, because , literally, nancy was our first reduction baby, lol.
But, I gotta tell you, that lady did RESEARCH before she made her decision. A whole year of it, in fact. She went into the reduction with her eyes wide open and I have no doubt that even now, she is doing just exactly what she'd made out her post weighloss surgery routine to be.
You have maybe strayed, but you haven't lost sight of the path.

hugs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

mardee responded:
We are here to help you on your journey!! Just stop by every once in a while
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

blondie454u responded:
Welcome!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

blondie454u responded:
Welcome!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well isn't that just great!? I joined the wrong Dieting Club community. I should have joined the 100+ lb community, but instead joined the 50 - 10...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.