Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

New to Forum - best eating plan?
    mrjotto posted:
    I'm just starting my journey and have a long way to go but I'm interested in knowing what diets seem to be the most successful for everyone here... in either the short run (lose significant weight fast) and/or long run (sustainable over a lifetime). Please share!

j9celeste responded:
    Hello mrjotto!

As far as eating plans (don't use the "d" word...it's a killer!) staying away from processed foods, eating the "rainbow" of fruits and veggies every day, eating lean proteins and measuring and tracking everything that you eat. This is what works for me. That and exercise. I am still very overweight at 288 pounds so my exercise is pretty limited, but I try something every day. Don't starve yourself. Either see a doctor or visit a web site to see how many calories are needed to lose weight. At 288 pounds, wanting to lose 1 1/2 pounds a week, I eat 1650 calories. If I want to lose faster, I can cut my calories. I'm not ready to do that yet.

Best of luck to you...keep coming back!

XOXO
    Janine
    The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 297-6/6/14-CW 288.2 GW 165

blondie454u responded:
    Basically what Janine said. Eat whole and natural foods. Welcome aboard!
    Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

blondie454u responded:
    Basically what Janine said. Eat whole and natural foods. Welcome aboard!
    Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a newlywed (married June 2010) and my husband and I are looking to lead a healthier lifestyle. I am currently about 280 pounds, and would like to...More

Helpful Tips

Eating potato salad without feeling guilty
    The other night I bought a container of potato salad for dinner and instead of having a big pile of it on my plate, I filled half of my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.