Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to Forum - best eating plan?
mrjotto posted:
I'm just starting my journey and have a long way to go but I'm interested in knowing what diets seem to be the most successful for everyone here... in either the short run (lose significant weight fast) and/or long run (sustainable over a lifetime). Please share!

j9celeste responded:
Hello mrjotto!

As far as eating plans (don't use the "d" word...it's a killer!) staying away from processed foods, eating the "rainbow" of fruits and veggies every day, eating lean proteins and measuring and tracking everything that you eat. This is what works for me. That and exercise. I am still very overweight at 288 pounds so my exercise is pretty limited, but I try something every day. Don't starve yourself. Either see a doctor or visit a web site to see how many calories are needed to lose weight. At 288 pounds, wanting to lose 1 1/2 pounds a week, I eat 1650 calories. If I want to lose faster, I can cut my calories. I'm not ready to do that yet.

Best of luck to you...keep coming back!

XOXO
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 297-6/6/14-CW 288.2 GW 165

blondie454u responded:
Basically what Janine said. Eat whole and natural foods. Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

blondie454u responded:
Basically what Janine said. Eat whole and natural foods. Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar's effect on your body.
An hour and a half long but worth it. I will watch this multiple times until I know it by heart. Sugar leads to the immediate formation of ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.