Skip to content
Day 2
mrjotto posted:
A big thank you to everyone for the tips and great feedback. I got a phone app to log all my food and exercise (my fitness pal). It seems to work well, please let me know if you all think there are better ones. I will be starting my exercise program tonight so wish me luck. I'm going to take Kim's advice and start off walking for 15 mins and build up over time (every journey starts with a single step, right). I believe that that is something that I can accomplish and maintain. In terms of an eating plan my objective is to stay between 1200 and 1500 cal a day, eating lots vegetables and if I have a carb make sure I partner with a lean protein. Does that sound reasonable? I just don't think I can sustain the all protein diet for very long (plus not sure how healthy it really is). I hope you guys don't mind me posting frequently as I want to hold myself accountable to a group. - John

parakeet210 responded:
John,
post away!! I have my fitness pal too. I love it as I tried many others and this feels the best fit for me. this one you can scan the bar code and it will enter the food for you.
I like looking at the nutrition factor! tells you how well rounded we are... just a pun on words.

good goin

keet
I've had a lot of rain and clouds. When this happens be a blessing for someone else.

tweety 'keet' possibly on some days sb

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 252.0

jis4judy responded:
You can post all you want here John I am glad you are off to a good start just tweek your plan as you go along get used to one thing then add another
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
John, in fact, Keet's fitness pal was the reason I suggested that one. She really has gotten into that app and it sounds like a winner for people on the go.
We love having new members who like to post with us. It's fun to see how everyone is doing, better to know that we aren't the only ones struggling, and we all learn from the input of new experiences. So , PLEASE KEEP POSTING!!
It's also nice to have a man's point of view in the journey. Just like when we had PinkIsNancy on , and she took us with her on her journey through her stomach reduction surgery and that first year of her weightloss. It was great. So informative and we found a new friend who we care about so much , in the process.
Eating from a variety of foods, proteins, dairy, carbs, veggies and fruits is probably the best and most sustainable way to go for a long term journey. It's all in the portions, of course.
Don't forget that a portion of meat is the size and weight of a deck of cards, potatoes and other high carb items like rice 1/2 cup. That's why it's very important to get loads of fresh leafy greens and such since they are the "fillers" that will stretch your meals and keep you going ....picture a dinner plate with the deck of cards and the hockey puck. Then fill in the rest with salad, dear, and the rest will fall into place.
OH! before I forget, don't dump dressing on your salad like you were doing.... no , no , no! Put 2 Tblsp of it into a small dish and dip the tines of your fork into it then stab your salad... you will end up eating way less dressing and you will still get it on every single bite
That, was your tip for today!

hugs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs loss per month, goal 135

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Judy gone 6/1-6/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 15 years old and currently 190 lbs. I am 5 feet 2 inches and I know that in order for me to be in a healthy weight range I have to lose 60 pounds...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.