Skip to content
Working On It
blixieotter posted:
I'm new to the community, and I am trying to lose around 80 or so pounds. I am a Thyroid Cancer Survivor and I feel like it is a huge obstacle in the way.

If anyone has any tips to help me out, I am more than willing to listen.

My plan so far includes:
- lower carbs (I won't completely cut out carbs because it just doesn't seem right)
-Upping my water intake and cutting out sodas
-Focusing on more fruits and veggies
-Healthier proteins
-Smaller portion sizes
-At least 10 minutes of exercise a day

kalimiller responded:
Welcome!!

I think that it is important to not make too many changes at the start - or it will be overwhelming there's a better chance of failing. But I think that your plan looks good.

One thing that helps all of us here is staying accountable to someone other than ourselves. There is usually a daily discussion (Judy usually starts it) - feel free to chime in there whenever you can!
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

blondie454u responded:
Hello and welcome aboard!

Congrats on your survival of cancer! I am so glad you are wanting to make healthier choices. This will help heal your body and well being over all. Remember this has to be a lifestyle change. You can't start it and quit when you reach a certain goal.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

rohvannyn responded:
Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Don't forget to include a few healthy fats, your brain won't work so well without them! Later when these changes have become more routine, you can work on expanding your horizons to new and interesting, nutrient dense foods, and looking for places you can cut out processed stuff. For now you are being sensible, which is awesome to see. Again, welcome aboard!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 201.8 Current weight: 195.6 Goal: 140

j9celeste responded:
Welcome!

You've got the right ideas. I agree with Kali about not making too many changes at one time.

Look forward to reading your posts!

XOXO
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 297-6/6/14-CW 282 GW 165

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and mother, 59, who works for her self-employed husband. At 229 pounds, I am 99 lbs. overweight and have been for 20 years. In fact, at my...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.