Skip to content
Finally
rohvannyn posted:
I had an uptick for a while, there, but my jicama stick obsession is paying off by my recent losses! I didn't get very far during Biggest Winner, but I finally dropped two more pounds. The other thing that's helped me is smaller portions as well as use of hummus. The plain chickpeas have helped too.

I read an article that said people who eat chickpeas tend to eat less junk food or processed food, even without trying to. I'll have to check their documentation but they basically took two groups of people, told them to eat normally, but gave one group chickpeas. That group apparently started eating less junk food on their own. Chickpeas are filling!

That same article said that chickpeas don't lose much in the way of nutrients when canned, unlike other commonly canned items. So yay!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 201.8 Current weight: 195.6 Goal: 140

bigred53 responded:
With Roh. It's you and jicama and me and sugar snap peas. ..lol. There could be worse things to be obsessed with huh? I'm going to get some jicama and chick peas my next trip to the store. And more peas and baby cucumbers too. I'm going to try hummus and jicama too. Sounds too yummy.

Btw congrats on the loss!

Michelle

rohvannyn replied to bigred53's response:
It almost takes away potato chip cravings....

I'm trying to keep my intake mostly to weekends so I don't get bored with the flavor. (Yes, I know hummus can have a lot of calories, but you don't necessarily need a lot and it's still nutrient dense.)
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

bigred53 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Boy do I ever know about the chip cravings. I don't go down that aisle at the store but there are still plenty of them by the check out. Grrrrrr...... I fall into the trap occasionally. I'm glad you've found something that helps. I love crunchy foods too.

Michelle

blondie454u responded:
Congrats on your 2lbs loss!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to blondie454u's response:
Good way to go Roh!!
There can be a lot of rain forecast (when it rains it pours). When this happens be a blessing for someone else.

tweety 'keet'

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 248.6

j9celeste responded:
Roh,

Congratulations on the 2 lb loss! That's fabulous

I love jicama. It makes a great slaw too. I'm not a fan of cabbage so that's my "cabbage" of choice.

I'm sad that I don't like chickpeas. It sounds like a great idea

XOXO
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 297-6/6/14-CW 282 GW 165

jis4judy responded:
yes roh congrats on the 2 pounds I tried those chickpeas not my favorite I know they are like nuts high in calories if you eat a lot of them so portion control is a must

I am glad they worked for you

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
Oh that's good Roh - I never had chickpeas. Don't even know what they look like. You think they really work, huh? I'll have to give them a try. I love potato chips, but never eat them but always WANT to. ha. Thanks for the tip. I'll look for these in the grocery store next time I go.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

bigred53 replied to ausgram's response:
Aussie chickpeas are better known as garbanzo beans. I really like them in salads.

Michelle

rohvannyn replied to ausgram's response:
It doesn't take away chip cravings, for sure, but it's nice to have instead. Hummus can be high in calories, admittedly, but it depends on how you make it. Chickpeas/garbanzo beans aren't really that caloric if you don't add extra fat when cooking them.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

Having weight issues is not new to me. Maintaining a healthy weight has been a life long issue. Being 100+ lbs. overweight is something new. After a f...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.