Skip to content
Rainbow Challenge Monday August 4 2014
jis4judy posted:

Good morning
weigh in 152
breakfast 1/2 c bran flakes 1/3 c heart to heart1/2 c ff milk3.4 oz strawberries3.2 oz orange 1 C black coffee I was rather busy yesterday kept my calories around 1500and did gardening house cleaning including scrubbing floor on hands and kneestook a walk too

today dinner is boneless skinless chicken breast broccoli side salad it maybe with a small red potato or brn rice with mushrooms for the starch part there isn;;t much choice tomorrow is shopping day
I hope this posts I had such a hard time yesterday Hugs Judy

SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 responded:
Good morning Judy! Gorgeous day isn't it?! Makes me love love love summer! So I finally got up the courage to get back on the scale after taking the month of July off and I have some work to do for sure. It seems that if I eat what I want when I want, I gain a pound a week. Bad news but good to know. This is a work in progress for me but I have learned that while eating under 1000 calories works to get the weight off, there's no way I can mentally sustain it this long. So it's back to the science lab for me as I try to outsmart that scale once again . Have a good healthy day everyone!

j9celeste responded:
Good morning all

Still struggling with my mood. Even though I added the prozac almost three weeks ago, my depression hasn't lifted. I thought that once the stress from the move was done, it would improve. Still trying to plod along. Sorry I'm such an Eeyore lately!

I'm working on getting my fridge and pantry stocked again. When we sold our home last year after deciding to snowbird every winter, we had decided to rent south in the winter and rent north in the summer. We discovered that it's too difficult not having a permanent address/residence so that's why we bought a house. The problem is that we had sold or given to the children pretty much everything out of our house: furniture, kitchen stuff, towels, etc. So restocking my house is a long process. I don't realize what I'm missing until I look for it

I do realize how fortunate I am to have a house and be able to get out of the northern Minnesota winters. I'm just venting. It's that Eeyore in me still.

I'm working very hard to eat well and for the most part I'm doing a good job. I've been losing about a pound a week. I've realized that I need to weight once a week instead of daily, at least until my depression lifts. The daily scale fluctuations don't help.

I hope that you all have a wonderful day!

XOXO
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 297-6/6/14-CW 282 GW 165

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Ah Kathy maybe you should try green tea it does help boost metabolism and quell hunger most of the time
here is a nice picture of my garden

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Good morning everyone! Janine maybe your doc needs to up your dose of Prozac. I know a higher dose really helped me when I went through my major depression.

Kathy, vacation is over!! Time to get back in the eating right saddle! We're with you all the way although be prepared to get your butt kicked if you need it...lol. Or maybe some lashes with wet noodles.

I had a weird day yesterday. I got out the Metamucil and I think I kind of over did it. I wasn't really hungry which was a good thing. I had two granola bars, some strawberries, some peanuts and two pieces of pizza plus coffee and mango tea. I almost called in sick today I was feeling so sick to my stomach and bloated but the longer I was up the better I started feeling. I still don't feel like eating much - good thing since I don't have much here at work. I have enough to get by. I still have pizza at home which I do not feel like eating at all and I sure hate to waste anything but I guess it's better in the trash than on my belly.

I sure wish Kim would check in. Has anyone heard from her? I know she's feeling bad about her repounding. Heck, I wish I had a nickle for every time I've put on weight.

I'll check back later and maybe I'll be able to impart some words of wisdon or humor.

Michelle

tbird88 replied to bigred53's response:
Hello everybody,

I sorry to hear your not feeling well Janine. I am struggling too with my depression in my own way. It is tugging at me and I am fighting it the best I can. It is affecting my attitude and motivation toward exercise. So I hope you pull through okay and you don't get too down with it. It almost like you would welcome a little bit of mania about right now. ha!ha!

It is good to see everyone here. Well Kathy I hope you get started back on the journey again. I know it a challenge to watch what you eat but it is so worth it in the end. Because you enjoy better health and energy. Were here to help if you need it.

Well I hope everybody has a good day.
Tia SW 267 CW 222.6 GW 160

tbird88 replied to tbird88's response:
Judy I love your garden it is beautiful! It is so green!
Tia SW 267 CW 222.6 GW 160

jis4judy replied to j9celeste's response:
Hi Janine
when I first started I weighed in once a month with a peek in the middle of the month to make sure I was on track
because I knew the fluctuations would drive me nuts and it was gonna take a long time to get the results I desired
Hugs Judy

jis4judy replied to tbird88's response:
Hi Tia I am loving it myself it looks so good I had to take a picture Hugs Judy

j9celeste replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy,

You're right about the fluctuations driving me nuts! It almost sets the whole tone of my day. Enough of that.

I need to keep remembering that this is a process that will take time.

XOXO
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 297-6/6/14-CW 282 GW 165

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I am a mom of three beautiful "grown-up" children, I have landed here on this page because I have to get a grip on my weight. I have gai...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.