Skip to content
Rainbow Challenge Tuesday August 5 2014
jis4judy posted:

Good morning
weight 151.5
Breakfast
5 oz orange 2.4 oz strawberries1/2 C bran flakes \1/3 c heart to heart 1/2 c ff milk 1 C black coffee
going shopping today no intentional exercise my slug day
not sure what's for dinner I have to buy it in the store I am pretty sure there will be spinach and a side salad the rest to be decided later
I hope you all have a great healthy day Hugs Judy

SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy responded:
here is something I think is very important

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
Hi Judy - and Tia, I know you will be here later.
What a busy day or I should say week this is.

Weigh In - 181
Brkfst - cantaloupe
yesterday I had about 3 oz of pork steak and a bunch of veggies, squash, yellow and zucchini and watermelon.
Blueberries for dinner. Didn't eat much and yet worked like a dog but still didn't drop that 1 pound. Oh well.
I like your sign Judy, it's a good one.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

kalimiller responded:
Hey all!

I've not been very consistent about posting lately - but I have been trying to keep up with exercise and eating well.

I weighed in this morning at 189.something. It was either .8 or .2 - I really don't remember because I was too tired when I weighed this morning. Pepper was barking at squirrels last night - I made DH go hush her once...she started barking again as soon as he got to our room. So I had him put Pepper in her kennel. Later on in the night, Toby was barking at something, so she got kenneled too. Two naughty dogs. It's been a long time since they have barked a lot at night.

This week I'm doing seven flights of stairs three times. Whew. Yesterday was the first day of doing it and it was rough. But it feels good to know that I'm doing something good everyday.

Breakfast for me was two scrambled eggs. Water.
For a snack today I have watermelon and carrots. Lunch is a turkey sandwich with tomatos, lettuce, and pesto. Mmm.

I hope everyone is doing well
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
Hiya Judy n Aus,

I really like that sign j!!

Way to hang tuff Aus!! Ur doing great!!

I had a bacon egg green chili potato eggs Cheese breakfast burrito I'm stuffed!!

I've been really busy n not paying much attention to my food like I need to!! Back to the plan. Went to pool yesterday
There can be a lot of rain forecast (when it rains it pours). When this happens be a blessing for someone else.

tweety 'keet'

SW 262.2. GW. 170 CW 248.6

j9celeste replied to jis4judy's response:
Good morning all

That is a wonderful sign Judy. I need to remember the self-love! It's so easy to get down on myself when I'm not "perfect", but I need to focus on progress, not perfection!

I didn't weigh myself this morning and it feels weird, but kind of good. I'll start changing it to weekly weigh ins and see how that goes.

Special K with Red Berries and 1/2 C skin milk for breakfast.
Apple for snack
Leftover spaghetti for lunch
Spinach salad with chicken breast for dinner

Nice to have a plan again.

Have a great day everybody!

XOXO
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 297-6/6/14-CW 282 GW 165

bigred53 replied to j9celeste's response:
Good morning everyone! I'm feeling much better today. Hooray!

I had to pick up my prescriptions last night so while I was at the store I got a chicken salad sandwich, kalamata olives and a very small container of fresh pineapple. I'm really enjoying those olives.

Stopped to get supplies for work and they had blackberries! I picked up a few nectarines since they were 99 cents a pound. I've already had one and it's perfect. I'm hoping some extra fruit will help my plumbing problem. I don't have any pain just feel full and bloated.

I need to go to Wal-Mart either tonight or tomorrow. Since I'm trying the Metamucil I might as well get some more. I'm also thinking about trying some probiotics/prebiotics. I'm going to see if they have any walnut oil as it's supposed to help lower triglycerides. If does I can throw the drugs in the trash. I swear I'm getting so anti cholesterol meds. Too many side effects and it seems the older I get the more sensitive I am.

That's my little rant for the morning. I hope you all have great days.

Michelle

rohvannyn replied to bigred53's response:
Those nectarines are great, aren't they? We're having some similar plumbing issues in my home. What a pain! Probiotics and prebiotics can be nice. Usually I use "poor woman's probiotics," that is, Greek yogurt, Activia, or anything with live cultures. Kefir is good for that, sauerkraut, anything pickled by fermentation too. Lots of water.

For me, prune juice acts as a really effective stimulant laxative and helps with fiber too. Start with four ounces and go up to eight if needed. Flax meal is nice for the fiber and for the nutrients. So is jicama, it's full of inulin, a really good soluble fiber.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 201.8 Current weight: 195.6 Goal: 140

tbird88 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Good morning all,

I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday so still a little groggy this afternoon. Did not get much exercise the past few days did a little dancing and a little bit of walking and that was all. Working all week so I will have to adjust my exercise schedule. I will watch what I eat too. I hope that by keeping my calories down I can avoid gaining any weight.

Well take care everybody and have a great day.
Tia SW 267 CW 222.6 GW 160

bigred53 replied to rohvannyn's response:
I eat Greek yogurt most days and I always have fruit, veggies and nuts. I do have some ground flaxseed. I could put some in my yogurt. Well poop I forgot about it and it's gone bad. I'll put it on my list for Wal-Mart. I keep forgetting about the jicama too.

Since I'm diabetic I don't drink any kind of juice more than a few times a year and then I'd probably have orange juice.

Pretty much the only way I can see to get more fiber is Metamucil. I can only eat so much and I can't eat near as much as I did/could even a few months ago. I do try to make sure that what I do eat has some fiber. Except for the yogurt or cottage cheese.

I did notice that some Vlasic pickles I like are on sale and if memory serves they loosened things up. Back to the store I go tonight. I just don't want to take a drug to counteract another drug. What's the sense of that?

Michelle

jis4judy responded:
update

Dinner was spinach corn on cob side salad pork chop with onions
water with lemon

1 c green tea

2 c watermelon 1/2 c cantaloupe

2 oz pistachios in shell

1 1/2 c cherries

1/3 c plain ff yogurt greek type
1/2 c sliced strawberries
1/3 c blueberries
1/2 T honey

total cals for the day 1400
total fiber 36 grams I always seem to get lots of fiber

Hugs Judy

kalimiller replied to kalimiller's response:
One of my coworkers gave me a magazine for cooking for two - I think they are a branch of Diabetic Magazine. So it had all kinds of healthy recipes in it. It's great. I tried one of them last night - I really liked it. DH didn't like the zucchini in it, so I ate his zucchini.
-Kali

jis4judy replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali there is a recipe for Zucchini sticks
cut the Zuchini in half length wise
brush with olive oil then top them with shredded parm cheese that has carlic powder and spice of your choice and some olive oil mixed in you use a cookie sheet I cover mine with foil and bake at 365 for 20 minutes time will vary with size of squash then broil 2 minutes to brown slightly
these are so yummy nobody could hate them
Hugs Judy

kalimiller replied to jis4judy's response:
I've done something similar to that - but I'll have to do that for myself. It sounds really good.

He is pretty impossible. Things he will not eat:
Tomatoes (unless it is a sauce or salsa)
Mushrooms
Spinach
Asparagus
any kind of squash
there are tons more but I don't have the time to think of them or type them out.

I've given up trying to cater to him when I cook. I add in whatever I want (although I try to make the pieces big) and he can just pick out what he won't eat. Or he can make himself something.
-Kali

jis4judy replied to kalimiller's response:
Oh Kali my hubby will eat anything I put on the table I feel so lucky now

the only thing he is not fond of is Mexican food and I love that
Hugs Judy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was always skinny. Worked hard at it. Then 20 years ago, i met my husband. I've put on 70 lbs since then. I've tried different diets. I real...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.