Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spring Fruits and Veggies
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
Have any spring fruits and veggies hit your area yet? Not so much here-I think the freezes over the winter hurt spring foods big time. I keep hoping I will go to the store and see some beautiful lettuces and salad stuff-but so far...ick.

dada1j responded:
I am in FL, so we have a nice selection year round from citrus to tropical fruits. This winter was harsh though so the prices have gone up. Easter afternoon we planted a row of fruit trees in the backyard. The majority of them have blossoms and young fruit, so if all goes well, we will have a small harvest in a couple of months.

Jis4Judy replied to dada1j's response:
Hi Louise I buy my produce most of it anyway at Costco they have a lot of choices and great spring mix greens
Hugs Judy:)

feduptwice replied to Jis4Judy's response:
me too I buy stuff in costco or my local Top Tomato store where everything is dirt cheap:) For expl. green beans in stop and shop here are 2.99/lb but in TT only 0.99/lb. and it goes on. Peaches 0.99/lb, watermelon already 0.79/lb. even meat, chicken breast are like 1.99/lb Pretty good,no?

pallzy replied to feduptwice's response:
I buy of lot of oranges, apples, pears. But, the store had no good pears last week. So I don't have those. Tried buying fresh mangos a week or two ago. But I didn't really care for them. They kind of had a perfumy taste to them. But, I don't know how to check for ripeness on those, so maybe that was it. I buy most of my fruit at either Sam's Club (we don't have a Costco but it's pretty much the same thing) or Wal-Mart. My DH is addicted to Wal-Mart and we buy the majority of our groceries there.

blondie454u responded:
We don't have a cotsco here either. We buy from Sam club or Walmart and they have a pretty good selection year around. We haven't had a good selection of watermelon yet but hopefully soon. I love the stuff. I could eat a whole big watermelon by myself. Last week I noticed there was a bigger selection in the produce area. I love this time of year for getting fresh produce so yummy!

Amber

irisheyes213 replied to blondie454u's response:
We had some lovely thin asparagus the other day on sale at Super Target and I found some mangos 2 for $1.00 but it was hard to find some good ones since they were on-sale because they had lots of black spots I think. I did find two good ones though. I am hunting for some good cucumbers.....

Spotlight: Member Stories

To be very honest, I have never really had an issue with my weight until very recently.Other people seem to have an issue with my size and wanted to m...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
62 of 77 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.