Skip to content
Tessa
An_201664 posted:
Hello. I just discoved webMd. I have 120+ pounds to lose.The sad thing about it is in 2002 I lost 112 lbs. but have gained it all back plus some. I have been real heavy my whole life & have been on several diets or "lifestyle changes". I feel like I know what it takes to lose weight but I have no motivation. This year I turned 50, everything is starting to hurt more, my knees, back & ankles.Exercise was a big part of my previous weight loss & we do have an eliptical machine, I feel like I have to get some weight off before I start back on the machine or I will hurt myself. Diabetes is very strong in my family history. I have a doctors appointment scheduled & I'm fearing the worst. I've been back on a healthier eating regime for about 10 days now. More water, fruits & vegetables, less red meats & most importantly portion control. I work in the restaurant business & have for the past 25+ years. Bakery items have always been my biggest weakness.

My husband & I have a tweenager at home & I want to be around to see her grow up & be a part of her life & maybe someday to see grandchildren.
Does anyone have any good tips for moral support or staying motivated? It's so hard to walk by those cookies coming out of the oven all day at work.
Was this Helpful?
10 of 12 found this helpful

kittykatjenn responded:
Welcome to the board! You will find a lot of great advice and support here.

It sounds like you already know what to do. It would be had to pass up the yummy sweets at work all day. That is my weakness also. My suggestion would be to keep some sweet snacks with you that are healthy. I have cookies and cupcakes and all sorts at my office all the time. I keep sugar free chocolate pudding and gluetin free chocolate rice cakes. I haven't touched a piece of candy or girl scout cookie in almos 4 weeks! The temptation has gone away a lot as well.

I hope you get good news at your doc appointment. Keep us updated!

jean4u responded:
Hi Tessa,

Welcome to our little part of the world.

Sorry to hear about your re-pounding. Also your bake goods sound tempting but if you give in its a vicious circle.

There will always be temptation. That's just the way it is. I think you have to view those "goodies" as a poison to your good health, because that is what they are.

Well, here are the "words", to get lean you got to get mean. I am telling you what you already know. Keep a log of everyday you "say no" to those treats and how good that feels.

Come here to vent and share.

You are not alone.

Also it sound like you know how to lose the weight but like most of us we need to keep up the healthy habits and not go back to our weightgaining ways.

Good luck!

Barb

jean4u replied to kittykatjenn's response:
Jenn,

Good for you.....4 weeks and going strong!!!

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Congrats on wanting a new you! We are here to help you with your journey!
Amber CW 139 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

iamgoingtoloseit responded:
I just started on Monday I am going to lose 140 lbs; I weigh 325. I once lost 80 lbs with dancercise however that was 10 years ago now Im 52 and gained it all back because I quit dancing at home and have to work up to it to be able to without getting out of breath anyway I am going to do it

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.