Skip to content
Food Slide Show
blondie454u posted:
I think this is good even if you're not a vegetarian. I think you should eat most of these on a regular basis.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

totallywiggedout responded:
Ok, on that note, I did the slideshow. It has some really good ideas, but I'm not sure I'll starve the chia pets at the stores to eat the chia seeds, call me crazy but....
As for the garbonzo beans.. does anyone else like hummas to the point that you've tried to actually make your own? I'm still experimenting but I've liked what ive made so far.
Kim SW 243 CW 210.4 GW 135 Diet and Exercise go hand in hand--
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I love hummus! There's a powdered mix I use sometimes (adding extra garlic and lemon and sometimes black ollives) or I've made my own. It's a lot cheaper for me to get the mix in bulk at my local natural foods store, rather than buy the tahini and the garbanzos. I really want some tahini now.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 192 GW 140ish and buff

Courage is the price that Life exacts itself for granting peace. The soul that knows it not knows no release from little things...

totallywiggedout replied to rohvannyn's response:
I actually made my own tahini, cause its sooo soooo expensive to buy premade. I got my white sesame seeds from a little taiwanese grocery and it was really inexpensive. I think it was 2.50 for a whole pound of them. Then I processed them with olive oil, to make the right consistance. It lasts up to 3 months in a sealed jar in the fridge.
I've been using roasted garlic cloves and poached/drained spinach, with some chili powder and onion powder. was just wondering if there have been any other really good tasting recipes floating around.
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

abnersmom responded:
Love this Amber. I bought chia seeds after Barbara (smilingcats- miss her inspiring posts) recommended them for lowering cholesterol. Easy to sprinkle a tblsp. on just about anything. I've got to try lentils. I have a recipe for lentil soup, but have never made it. I'm not much of a "bean" eater. Got to branch out.
Debbie SW 265 CW 177 GW 150 - Today, I choose the higher road -
the path of charity, acceptance, love, selflessness, kindness.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
RE: BARBARA!!!!!

Where is SHE?

Barb

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
I know - miss her ;-(
Debbie SW 265 CW 177 GW 150 - Today, I choose the higher road -
the path of charity, acceptance, love, selflessness, kindness.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
I've been wondering about Mary Beth, anyone know how she is?

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim she said her internet isn;t reliable being in a jungle
so maybe her PC isn;t working right now I miss her too..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I worry about her because she couldn't get her meds and , well you know. Hopefully all is well with her. I'm sure if she can, she'll get back to us.
huggs back at you Judy
K

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I found that she is posting on the breast cancer board about 6 days ago I left a message there for her maybe she will check in here when she gets a chance
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.