Skip to content
DASH Diet
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
A diet designed to help lower blood pressure may also boost brainpower.A new study shows the DASH diet in combination with regular exercise improved mental activity by 30% in overweight adults compared with those who didn?t diet or exercise. The DASH diet was developed by the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension study and emphasizes low-fat dairy products and low-cholesterol foods as well as carbohydrates and fruits and vegetables .
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Jis4Judy responded:
that sounds true to me because I think when I eat like that I feel smarter LOL
I didn;t vote because there is something to do with polls that erases our membership and we have to start over join the exchange again and retype our storys
Hugs Judy:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 29 year old Borderline and Bipolar diagnosed girl who lives in Southern California. I am otherwise healthy just overweight. I deliver pizzas an...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.