Skip to content
OUR recipes and Fave food links
totallywiggedout posted:
http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2523

These are some of the member's own recipes , developed with the JOURNEY in mind.
The links to other recipe sites have been recommended by members here because of taste, ease, time savers, and their focus on "health" and nutrition.
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

rohvannyn responded:
Bumping this so it gets above the duplicate posts. Great resource, Kim!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout responded:
Monkey Salad

Monkey salad (1 banana sliced into a bowl, a couple of tblsp of shredded coconut, a good pinch of slivered almonds, and 7-8 walnut halves broken up a bit) mix it all together to coat the banana with coconut.... very filling

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 178 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Tucsonan Ceviche

This is a general guideline, and if you need exact amounts you can find them various places online.

Start by soaking raw, peeled shrimp in freshly squeezed lime juice. Let it soak, refrigerated, until the flesh is chemically cooked, firm and white. Add salt as taste and sodium allowances Cut up tomatoes (vine ripened, home grown, or romas are best) as well as cilantro, green onion, red or white onion, and any hot peppers you desire. Other vegetables can be good in this too. Add the chemically cooked shrimp to the cut up vegetables, including the lime juice, and pour in V-8 juice to form the stock. I personally like the generic brand spicy kind. Let it soak several hours, add other herbs or peppers as needed, and enjoy.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

abnersmom responded:
Chia pudding recipe from Dr. Oz:
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/energizing-chia-pudding
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

rohvannyn replied to abnersmom's response:
This is more of a process than an exact recipe, designed to be tailored to fit your needs. Best of all, you can make it low calorie!

You will need chopped fresh ginger, water, a little lemon juice is optional, ordinary baker's yeast, and sweetner such as sugar, honey, or sugar and stevia combination. You will also need one or more rinsed out plastic two liter soda bottles.

Start by brewing some ginger tea. Boil water (about a cup's worth) for 3 minutes in the microwave is fine) and drop some finely chopped fresh ginger, about a tablespoon per soda bottle, into it. Let that steep while you get the other items ready.

Heat a little water (about half a cup to a cup) to body temperature. Test it like you would a bottle, so it feels just a little warm on the inside of your wrist. Add about a teaspoon of yeast for every two liter soda bottle you will be using, maybe a little less. Add a couple spoonsfull of sugar or honey and mix well, then set the cup or bowl in a warm place for twenty minutes or so until the yeast starts foaming up nicely.

Pour the yeast mixture into your soda bottle/s. Then add water and sweetener to taste, maybe a cup of sugar per two liter bottle, or the equivalent in honey or stevia. It's important to have a little sugar in the mix because the yeast needs food to eat, but stevia or some other artificial sweetener can make up the balance. Mix it all up by the simple expedient of closing the bottle and shaking. Then strain the ginger tea and add that along with a little lemon if you like. Cap the bottle/s and shake them to mix it all thoroughly.

Only shake the bottle at the beginning, before the yeast has had a chance to work, otherwise you will have a mess on your hands.

Now set the bottle/s in a warmish place, room temperature at least. On top of the fridge works well for this. Leave it alone for one day, or untill the bottle feels hard when you squeeze it. At this point, the ginger ale can be safely stored in the fridge.

The yeast will leave a little bit of sediment in the bottom but if you don't slosh the bottles you can pour them without disturbing this layer. It won't hurt anything. I love this recipe because it's all natural and there are infinite variations. Sometimes I add mint or orange juice. If the bottle loses too much pressure, you can put it in a warm place again, and the yeast will start working again, and more carbon dioxide will be made. If your reaction is too slow you probably have too little sugar or the room is too cold.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy responded:
[blockquote>1 can Hunts No sodium tomatoes /FFD to /FFD cup Brussel sprouts sliced /FFD package button mushrooms Handful shredded carrot 1 cup no salt Chicken broth 3 table spoons or more minced onion 3 cloves garlic Table spoon lemon juice 2 teaspoons basil or a little more 2 good pinches black pepper 2 servings of pasta of choice 2 bay leaves (important will be acidity without this)
If having alone, 1 serving pasta be strict about this
Put everything but pasta in pot cook to boil then simmer 1 hour stirring let it cook down Make pasta and throw it back in pan on a simmer heat add veggie sauce little at a time letting veggie sauce marry with pasta. Great for serving 2 but if having alone you can eat it all if you do not make too much pasta. I have about a cup of veggies leftover perfect for a snack low in calories with no pasta in it and the calories are really in the pasta. This recipe has almost the whole rainbow plus low calorie low fat protein from the mushrooms.

My Daughter sent this to me so I am posting it incase anyone would like a new recipe, I am thinking you really don't need pasta in it you could serve it over rice too
Hugs Judy
[/blockquote>
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
that fed to fed should read 1/2 to 1 Cup where is says FED on the mushrooms that 1/2 pack so copying from my email left out some measured stuff weird
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy responded:

Judy here are the Cans you need for the soup. Plus you need 3 chicken breast and a table spoon of paprika and cumin. Put it all in the crock pot on high for 3 hours or low for 5 I prefer it cooked longer a hour before ready remove the chicken slice them add it back to the pot. Enjoy.

this is the recipe for the chicken enchilada soup mostly cans

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
rinse the beans and corn before adding them to crock pot the chicken breast boneless skinless goes on the bottom
you can stir it before covering but do not disturb the chicken
Hugs Judy

Spotlight: Member Stories

(Wow, could have sworn I saved my story already.) Here goes...I'll be 49 later this year (2013), and I've been overweight since about age 7 or...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.