Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
blondie454u posted:
Here is a youtube video I think you guys will find interesting.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful
FirstPrevious12NextLast

SmilingCats responded:
I saw part of the documentary. Truly enlightening.

Goal: To learn to celebrate life without eating unhealthy food.

justmejust replied to SmilingCats's response:
I'm watching this Amber. Thanks.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
He lost 82 pounds in 61 days on this healthy juice fast. I'm halfway through the video.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

blondie454u replied to justmejust's response:
Once I can afford it I am going to buy a juicer and include it as a supplement in my diet. I tend to not get enough veggies for the day. My coworker bought one and brought it to work. I made a juice and it was delicious! It had sweet potato, carrots, apples, oranges, and spinach. He got his juicer through our health program where you can earn points and buy things with your points. He got some high points to get that same juicer that's in this documentary.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
Judy, does the juicing include the peels of fruits?
Laura

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura I would like to know that too so Amber does the peels go into the juicer as well?
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Ok, I just finished watching the whole hour and half. That was amazing what that second guy Phil lost!!! 440 pounds down to 220 with micronutrient vegetable and fruit juicing only for 60 days!
Laura

ladylavender replied to justmejust's response:
It is an incredible journey, Laura. Pretty cool how he filmed it, too. They have a website, and they do NOT recommend a 60-day juicing fast like he did, maybe a week to 10 days just as a cleanser...The caveat is that until about the 4th day they say you feel horrible because you are clearing toxins out of your body. It's on my to-do list

FYI - whole veggies/fruits go into the juicer (not a blender) to get all the nutrients. As Kim has pointed out, a lot of nutrients are in the skins of fruits/veggies. (Wash veggies - yes; peel - no.)
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

jis4judy replied to ladylavender's response:
Hi Ladies I watched maybe half of it then had to go shopping he was just about to go help the truck driver when I had to leave ...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to ladylavender's response:
From the researched my coworker has done you get the same nutrients because it pulls the juice from the peel as well. Oranges you peel of course before juicing. Veggies and fruits that have pulp is separated because its fiber and you don't digest fiber. It just passes through. That's why when you have problems in that particular area you eat things with fiber so you can pass when needs to go through. The juice has all the nutrients you need. The fiber goes in a bin attached to the juicer. You can use it to make breads and such.

rohvannyn replied to justmejust's response:
440 down to 220... in 60 days. I suppose he had somebody watching his liver etc to make sure he didn't crash or something. And a plastic surgeon to take care of the sagging skin. Still, it's a great accomplishment and I wish him the best on keeping it off.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

ladylavender replied to rohvannyn's response:
Ah, Amber, I stand corrected. Oranges, ha.

Roh, yes, he was closely monitored. This is a 2010 video, and he didn't start this journey until he could commit to a different way of life - a healthier life. I've since seen him in another video, still going strong. It was just a jumpstart for him to a healthier life. There are a lot of interesting factoids in the documentary that made it interesting, too.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

justmejust replied to rohvannyn's response:
Hi Roh, he actually looks good, hard to tell of skin sagging. He looked healthy. He worked out, was a former swimmer.
Laura

ladylavender replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, maybe it was the truck driver who was so large, but the one who made the film, he lost 100 lbs. I think he started out at about 310.

-Abby

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 59 years old, married to a great guy and have 3 grown sons, one of whom is married to a great gal & they have 2 boys. (Will I ever be able...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.