Skip to content
My weight loss journey
blondie454u posted:
My story is I just woke up one day and decided I was tired of being fat. I got tired of wishing that I was skinny girl. Like when I would go to the store or to work I would see a girl that was skinny and I would be like I wish I could look like that. I finally realized that I had to do something about it. I joined Web MD and got a lot info from a lot of really nice people that helped me along my journey. When I first started in 12/2007 I weighed 250lbs. I now weigh 143. I am still working on losing 13 more pounds. It took me a little longer to lose it than most because I wasn't willing to give up certain things. I eventually realized in order to get where I wanted to be I would have to. I can say now that I feel so much better about myself and most of the time when I see those foods that I wasn't willing to give up, I say to myself that I don't need you. It doesn't always work but hey we all have faults and you are going to make mistakes all the time. The key is to pick up where you left off and keep going.

Update 03/21/10

I weigh 141 this week. 11 more pounds to go to my goal weight.

Update 4/18/10

I weigh 137 this week. 7 more pounds to go to my goal weight.

Update 5/2/10

I weigh 136 this week. 6 more pounds to go to my goal weight.

Update 5/9/10

I weigh 133 this week. 3 more pounds to go to my goal weight.

Update 5/27/10

I reached past my goal weight of 130. I weighed at 129 today. I've lost a total of 121.

My diet consist of lean meats, fresh or frozen veggies and fruits, beans, low fat or fat free dairy, whole grains, and nuts. I exercise on most days doing a combination of yoga, pilates, and walking. If I left anything out or you have questions just let me know. I would be glad to help out.

The top pictures are before and the bottom one is after my weight loss journey.

Amber CW 129, SW 250.  Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Was this Helpful?
59 of 75 found this helpful
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Great job Amber and thanks so much for sharing your story and pictures.

aujour626 responded:
Amber, can you please contact me. I desperately need help with losing weight for my renewing of vows. I'm 5'1 and weigh 159 pounds which is entirely too much. Please contact me or email at alw62600@yahoo.com or 803-348-8150.

Thank you so much.....

68sunshine responded:
I am310 want to loose at least 100lbs.I am wondering how not to end up with a lot of loose skin.I know since I now have people to talk to I can start my journey.

blondie454u replied to 68sunshine's response:
I have some loose skin. A lot of it depends on how slow you lose the weight, genes, and how long the skin has been stretched. It can take like almost 2 years for it to tighten back up. I would rather have the loose skin than the weight any day.
Amber CW 129, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Willshemakeit responded:
That's an awesome road you've travelled!
Congrats to you - you sound very determined and I hope you never let go of that determination.
A new you - a new way of life. Way to go!

jis4judy responded:
Hi Amber I was sure I responded to this once a while back but it seems to be missing you loook great and I am so happy for you
keep on the journey to better health
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy! You did respond. I had 2 of these posted. One has a regular post and this resource post. Louise had asked to post it as a resource as well.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
thats right Now I remember
your story and success is so good louise wanted it as a resource

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

davidica responded:
Awesome, Amber, and congratulations!
SW 216 / GW 155 / CW 213 If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud. Emile Zola ...

Low_Stress_Weight_Loss responded:
Wow Amber, your story is amazing!

Could you share how you managed through the challenging times? Did you ever get discouraged?

Thanks so much for sharing your story & pics!

blondie454u replied to Low_Stress_Weight_Loss's response:
I sometimes have problems with eating binges and it's happen more often now because I have some emotional stress going on. I've never been an emotional eater. I was actually the opposite. I just keep trying to tell myself it's not worth it and that I've worked too hard to go backwards. So this week I've reached out to my best friend and I just poured all my emotions onto him. It has helped so hopefully I get it under control. I just have a really bad sweet tooth and just feels so good to eat really sweet things. I know its ok to eat every once in a while in small portions but I am not just satisfied with one piece or a small piece. But what keeps me going is the fact my in laws and my husband have health issues because they are morbidly obese. I don't won't to be like that. Also the simple fact that I wear a size 6/8. A single digit dress size. Sometimes I can't believe I'm that small.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

deerfisherman responded:
Amber: You look great and I know you must feel terrific! I weighed 332 and currently at 201 and still losing. I dont have a target weight-just when I feel good enough about it. lol! But my first thing that I was so proud of was being ablle to cross my legs like a woman does. lol And then to see I actually have a lap now-I can see when I sit down. I have been obese all my life-50 years and the saggy skin is horrible but like you, I rather have that than the weight. I just wanted to say-you look terrific and never go back to what we were. Thanks for sharing! You are definitely a motivator!

idealweight10 responded:
Hi Amber, Great job! I just started my weightloss journey again and you are such an inspiration. Thanks!

blondie454u replied to idealweight10's response:
Thanks everyone. Good luck with your weight loss journies.

Spotlight: Member Stories

. You have to acknowledge that you are worth the effort to get healthier. To accept the fact that you will have "splurges", but that they do...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.