Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weighty Problem: Thyroid
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
Does fatigue drag you down day after day? Do you have brain fog, weight gain, chills, or hair loss? Your thyroid gland could be to blame. This great regulator of body and mind sometimes goes haywire, particularly in women. Getting the right treatment is critical to feel your best and avoid serious health problems.
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

DeborahDodds responded:
Hi Louise, I do take thyroid medicine but I do believe that it is time to see the Doctor for adjusments. I am tired all the time, my hair comes out in lots of strands and I found an article that listed the following as low thyroid symptoms. Maybe this will help someone...
Some of the most common symptoms of low thyroid are weight gain, depression, fatigue, nonrefreshing sleep, brittle nails, constipation, diffuse hair loss, sensitivity to cold, significantly calloused heels, chronic yeast infections and even infertility. The article said to tell your doctor of all the symptoms you are experiencing because sometimes this problem does not show up on a standard thyroid test. Hope this helps, Deborah

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and mother, 59, who works for her self-employed husband. At 229 pounds, I am 99 lbs. overweight and have been for 20 years. In fact, at my...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.