dine on a blue plate
didi_buttonsley posted:
For a weight loss boost, find yourself a dark blue plate. The color blue has been scientifically shown to suppress appetite and promote feelings of fullness faster. Supposedly a square blue plate works the best to achieve this affect. It is also a good idea to swap out huge twelve inch dinner platters for plates that are ten inches in diameter. Studies show that if you shift from a 12-inch dinner plate to a 10-inch dinner plate, that you could lose up to 18 pounds in one year. Every little bit helps!
(I found some really nice blue plates on Amazon.com, and you don't even have to purchase a whole set if you don't want to)
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

beachgg responded:
Thanks-- good info -I think I have some very small cobalt blue plates-- very small I could use 2
SLIM HUGS BEACH GREAT GRAM

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
That's some really interesting info, Didi! I learned the small plate trick when I was in Weight Watchers many years ago, but didn't know about the color.

I love stuff like this. I believe colors, aromas, sounds, thoughts, and the energy in all of those things definitely affect our psyche.

I'd love to read the full study. Do you have a link or know who completed it?