Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The Carb Lovers Diet
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
Love carbs? You're in luck. This diet reveals the secrets of how you can eat them and still lose weight.

Carbs are not the enemy. They are your body's preferred form of fuel and if you choose them carefully, they can also help you shed pounds.

Check out this carb lovers diet! There's also a great discussion asking whether decreasing carbs increases the chance of cancer worth joining in on.

Are you a carb lover? Do you think we've been brainwashed against carbs? Share your thoughts below.
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi Andie
I didn;t eliminate carbs in my journey I just changed the portion size to smaller and added more vegies to my plate .
Like when I serve pasta with meat balls in tomato sauce I serve it with grilled zucchini and a large salad. and here is where I cut the carb I didn;t serve it with garlic bread,,,

I also sometimes have a hamburger I do not serve it with chips or fries I add whole green beans my green fries that are steamed tender crisp... that way I get to pick them up like a fry and eat them . these are tricks I play on my brain.. serve everything with either a salad or cup of home made soup.

whole grain roll on the burger and I like pickles tomatoes and raw onion on a burger no condiments

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

jean4u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Hi Andie,

Thanks for the blog. Interesting stuff. I do find that I am eating more and more like Judy does. I have been on my journey since Jan., 2010. I finally stopped yo-yoing in my weight. But life is too short to never eat pizza, pasta, chips, or ice cream. So, I eat 2 pieces of cheese pizza (thin crust) and have a huge salad. I eat baked chips and try to limit portions (have ff sour cream and salsa for dip). Skinny Cow single servings almost every night.

NO feeling deprived or punished. Just eating healthier, feeling better and losing weight.

Its' a GOOD thing!!!

Barb Jean

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.