Skip to content
Portion control
Babypodof4 posted:
Does the thought of measuring and weight your food sound daunting? Well - do what I do - dish your food with measuring cups. Forget the spoons - just serve it to yourself (and your entire family) with a measuring cup. Makes it way easier than trying to spoon it into the cup while your family gobbles everything down!
SW 192, CW 194 (yuck!), GW 155  We can do anything we put our minds to!!
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

jean4u responded:
Thanks for the tip. It sure is easy to "over-estimate" a serving. Getting in the habit of portion control is key in losing and maintaining.

Must say NO to supersize anything!

Nice to see you around here. Today I went to a farmer market and bought cabbage, butternut squash and spaghetti squash. I got a big pot of cabbage soup on the stove, now. Made it with 1 onion, about 4 stalks celery, 1 can tomato soup, 1 lg. can crushed tomatoes, 1 head cabbage and low sodium beef broth. Been thinking about doing this for awhile. I will freeze some. This is a fav. soup to order when out, too.

Happy Monday!

Barb Jean

P.S. I just took out talapia from the freezer for dinner. Any recipe ideas for talapia?

beachgg responded:
Well, I do the same thing-- in fact take 1/4 measuring cup for my frozen yogurt and eat my yogurt right from the measuring cup-- do that for lots of stuff-- after making big pot of soup I use a 1 cup and ladle it out into small storage containers (those cheap type throw away--but I use them over again--) handy size
counting out the cups I know if its 8 or 10 cups an then can figures the calories--most of the soups I make are 10 cups--
great tip
Oh we are too smart !!!!!!!!!
BEACH GREAT GRAM Joined 9/21/2010 SW 196.8 Weigh-ins 10/5 192.8, 10/10 193.6, Oops

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old. Have been married for almost 8 years and have three children with my husband. Their ages are 6, 5 and 4!!! My 5 year old was diagno...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.