Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
17 Day Diet - New WebMD Diet Review
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
If diets that promote the same approach day in and day out bore you, The 17 Day Diet may be for you.

The 17 Day Diet is actually three cycles, each lasting 17 days, plus a fourth long-term maintenance cycle. Whether you are looking to lose 10 or 100 pounds, this plan can help you lose weight quickly, avoid the dreaded plateaus, and revamp your metabolism, says author Michael Moreno, MD.

Our community is a big advocate for eat less, exercise more...but it's always good to know about the facts about the newest diet trends and discoveries.

Check out this new diet review and then weigh-in here with your thoughts.
Was this Helpful?
11 of 16 found this helpful

jean4u responded:
Andie,

Thanks for giving us the "skinny" LOL on the 17 Day Diet.

Dr. Phil is promoing this on a series he doing. He selected some people to go on this diet. Only, he is having meals (chef prepared) delivered to their homes and free gym memberships with personal trainers.

Who wouldn't/couldn't lose weight with ALL that help!!

But, now here is the real deal....."after the party" and when on their own.......MAINTENANCE time.

I do think there are some good tips in the info. I read. My issue is self control/portion control. I have been learning to develop more control this past year.Also making exercise a regular part of my life.

Really if books help a person to lose unwanted/unhealthy weight that is good.

Barb

P.S. I am taking the healthy lifestyle approach.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am currently 300 pounds and I am just starting my weight loss journey. I am setting a 3 month goal of losing 24 pounds through eating less calories ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.