Skip to content
role models
Tinkiie posted:
Im not sure if this really works or not but i heard taking a "Before" picture of yourself naked and hanging it somewhere you can see everyday helps. I also heard buying a dress or outfit you really want to fit into helps motivate you. Goodluck everyone
Was this Helpful?
6 of 8 found this helpful

KC2survive responded:
Tinkiie... the thought of me naked in a photo frightens me, but I believe that would give me the jolt I need to become more than motivated again to lose the weight I want and need to lose. As for the clothes, I have a closet full of those to spark something! Thanks for the laugh!

96Millions responded:
Yes and you will be depress looking at your own self and evenually snatch the poicture down before you have company and they think you are strange. Life is funny that way so be careful.

SmilingCats responded:
Tinkiie:

I'm with KC2. Looking at a photo of myself naked would make me hide under my bed and never want to come out! But, with that said, everyone reacts differently.

It may be a source of encouragement and motivation to you. IF so, do it! I would add this caveat: make sure it does not make you feel shameful.

Our bodies, round as they may be, are marvelous works. I need to remind myself of that when I feel discouraged. It's bigger than I want, but it's the only one I have, so I better love it. Because as the great drag queen Rupaul says: "If you don't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?""

Hugs!

jis4judy replied to KC2survive's response:
Maybe putting a mirror on the fridg door would work as well . just seeing your self reaching for extra food might remind you what your intentions are ,,
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to SmilingCats's response:
So true!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

beachgg replied to jis4judy's response:
That sounds good-- invent mirror frig doors ????
I have one photo of myself at a much lower wt that I keep on my frig--
I am squatting down to a level of my
grandson (maybe 8 yrs young)when he arrived for a visit in FL --Oh nice
knees I do have- slim arms--no fatty chin--very little belly fat if any--
NOW FAT ALL OVER--can't find my knees--fat oozing all around--20 ish years older I am now with chubby arms and hanging fat--legs and thighs JUST FORGET ABOUT IT--
Is that a mirror picture with out the mirror---?????????? LOL
Have a great day---
BEACH GREAT GRAM
9/21/10 SW 196.8 GW 172 9/17CW184.8
TODAY 9/23 183.8

jis4judy replied to beachgg's response:
Hi Beach GG
Oh I had a slimmer picture of myself on my fridg for a while
to remind myself that It is possable for my body to regroup and get healthier ..
You can do this I am sure of it because at the young age of 61 I embarked on my journey to get the fat under control
It required me to give up certaibn indulgences that were hard to give up but I did it .
It takes eating healthy a few years to see really great benifits though no quick fixes just determination and staying on the journey for ever ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
BGG & Judy,

My DH put a photo of me taken about 5 yrs ago when I was about 30 lbs heavier in a swim suit. At the time I just accepted that weight. I was going through surgeries and was just happy to be alive. It was several years later that I discovered these diet boards and took on the healthy journey and with it came the weightloss very slowly but staying off. The staying off part is something that did not happen in the past.

I like looking at my heavier photo, though because it reminds me how far I have come, both health-wise and weight-wise.

Judy, what you say about taking a few years to stick, is so true. It really is like learning a new language. Practice, practice and we get better at it!

Barb

Happy Monday!

maryt520 responded:
I just started my diet 2 1/2 weeks ago & have a picture in clothes that's bad enough. I have it hanging on my fridge & pantry door. It's motivation for sure!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was always skinny. Worked hard at it. Then 20 years ago, i met my husband. I've put on 70 lbs since then. I've tried different diets. I real...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.