Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lost 30 pounds in 100 days
eric215 posted:
Overweight since 2nd grade. Couldn't defeat my appetite. At 51, went on a healthfast that incidentally brought my appetite under control. Went from a 40" waist, with belly-over-the-belt, to a snug 36" waist.

The program and theory of why it works is in my article 'A Dose of Hope for overweight people,' on my website www.importantlittlefacts.com . All free. No money. Just learn and conquer!
Was this Helpful?
5 of 6 found this helpful

jis4judy responded:
Hi Eric
I found your article very interesting . I accually went on something similiar to your health fest I call my journey Judys Nutrition Quest..
I didn;t do any studies of brain chemistry . I just reduced the amount of proccessed foods and counted calories makeing the calories count towards nutrition no empty calories and it is a plan I can live with for life ,,, been on my quest for 8 years removed 97 ish pounds mostly in the first year . Improved my health along the way too ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Eric,

Thanks for sharing.

What you say about buffets....well I like to get healthy eating and weightloss tips from everyone. I think we are all different and have to find our own ways to do this. We also, need to tweak it from time to time or we will just go back to our old ways.

You said you did the re-pounding thing. How are you with that aspect?

Barb

eric215 replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb;

I went back to the program and the weight came off again. Too much meat puts my appetite on high. I do buffets occassionaly so I can't go into the self-pity mode and self destruct.

Eric

jis4judy replied to eric215's response:
Hi Eric your exxperience accually puts a big "?" on the protein being filling . eating extra meats may not be the best way to get protein HMM

maybe that protein powder many members use would be a better thing to get the filling aspect of protein.....
your experience has me thinking ...

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im a 17 year old girl. Next fall i will be a senior in high school. All ive ever wanted is to walk into a room and have people stare cause i look..wel...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.