Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
cinnamon
wecare2 posted:
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal and it will knock down your blood sugar, i take the cinnamon for my diabetes and it keeps my level between 80 and 90 depending how much carbs i take in for that day i do not take medication, with a super food blend powder and the cinnamon i feel great and the weight is coming off due to the exercise also, when i told my doctor that i stopped taking metforman and was taking cinnamon instead he was shocked to see how fast the cinnamon help to shed the weight by taking the sugar out of my body,and that's the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jean4u responded:
Thanks for sharing that. It is interesting how spices can improve our health. I like to add garlic powder, red pepper, tumeric and, of course cinnamon to foods, too.

I try to eat the bright colored veggies and fruits, too.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi I use cinnamon on my cereal every morning it tastes good and helps with sugar I am not diabetic though but maybe the cinnamon will keep me from being one ..
interesting experience you had ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to jean4u's response:
Barb, is red pepper the same as the red pepper flakes? I couldn't find red pepper "flakes" in the spice aisle.
Laura - Goal Weight 145: Current Weight 207: Starting Weight 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change.

blondie454u responded:
I love cinnamon. I put it in everything I can.
Amber CW 139 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, cayenne is ground red pepper and red pepper flakes are coursely ground red pepper. I get it at the dollar stores. My DH got me about 6 lbs. of it at Sam's Club maybe 5 years ago and it is almost all gone. I pack it in small pill containers and take it to restaurants.

You can also get the cinnamon capsules where they sell vitamins and supplements. When I was eating alot of carbs like pasta I would take about 3 of them. I didn't want to put cinnamon on the pasta! LOL

Barb

wecare2 replied to jean4u's response:
Barb there is a product called Natraburst that is made up of veggies and fruit, no sugar no additives no preservatives is the most wonderful natural product that i have ever put in to my body, i will tell you more about it if you e mail me a uprightgreg@gmail.com also my mother has short term memory loss from a brain operation and one of the surgeons suggested tumeric and i believe that it is doing what he said would happen and my mother is 81 years of age going on thirty five,the darker the green the better because want to keep your body in a alkaline state to keep your natural healing process working properly .

wecare2 replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi i am not a person to take a lot of medication because it will do you more harm to take the medication so i take the cinnamon and it works for my diabetes and if you check there are people all over the world that take cinnamon along with there diabetes medications so if you do a little research you will find the truth.

lcokeke responded:
wecare2,

I too am taking metformin and am wondering what the super food blend powder is that you are using?

LakeLady23 responded:
Just wondering how you take your cinnamon? I like cinnamon but not really sure how to take a teaspoon full would be?

slillypond replied to LakeLady23's response:
Maybe a teaspoon in a cup of tea?

justmejust replied to LakeLady23's response:
I put cinnamon on my rolled oats at breakfast
Goal Wt 145 Current Wt 203 Starting Wt 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

Tomato05 replied to justmejust's response:
I don't eat cereal very often, so I have to search for ways to add cinnamon. I can only think of adding it to my yogurt, or casserole dishes (but then I won't get in that much in a portion of the casserole).

I've tried sprinkling it on fruit, but the caked layer it forms on top after it got wet from the fruit moisture wasn't very appealing... It goes well with squash and carrots, but I eat that once a week or so only.

Ideas would be appreciated...

jis4judy replied to Tomato05's response:
Tomato in this discussion I did read that some people take cinnamon in pill form You might benifit from this because of your love of candy ... that way you don;t have the taste to deal with or the cakeing thing..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Tomato05 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy, yes, I think cinnamon tablets may be the way to go.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 29 year old Borderline and Bipolar diagnosed girl who lives in Southern California. I am otherwise healthy just overweight. I deliver pizzas an...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.