Skip to content
Setting Limits on Others as well
mebeingme posted:
Jis4Judy:
I believe that "you" setting reasonable and livable limits on "yourself" is what has brought you to where you are today....flourishing in health and happiness. The ice cream treat was a perfect opportunity to let others in your life continue to see those limits in action. Setting the limits for what you will allow in your life is all part of our growth process. It is something that I work on every day, as I near 100 pounds lost. It sounds trite to say that unless you respect yourself, others will not see the need to do so. You passed his test. A high FIVE to you and keep up the GREAT job!
Was this Helpful?
5 of 6 found this helpful

jis4judy responded:
thanks so much for your input You are so right about setting limits in our lives
Ice cream was a hard thing for me to give up it was the decision not to give up but set limits to it's consumption that helped me make the changes needed to achieve my healthy goal .. I do believe the ice cream was what was standing in my way on previous attempts .. makeing it a food that was only allowed under certain conditions helped a lot ..took away the deprived feeling I had on previous attempts ..
Thanks again Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Hi Me,

Welcome here. Congrats on that near 100 loss! That is something to be very proud of. I hope you will join our talks. I'm sure you have much to share.

I've been here since Jan, 2010. I used to be a yo-yo dieter. Thought I could lose and go back to old ways and not gain. It was here that I picked up the tips to add small changes that I could stick with and lose and keep the weight off.

What did you do to lose the weight? What was your biggest struggle? My biggest struggle was late nite eating (I mean eating not just a snack).

What you say about "setting limits" is so important because if we go back to business as usual our eating goes back to old habits that put our weight on, too.

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy,

I think it is so important to keep reminding ourselves that we have the power to set limits and make the choices of what we put in our mouths. Sometimes when we get into bad habits and we feel so out of control, we have to remind ourselves, "hey, wait a minute" and get back the power we DO have!

Barb

P.S. Good post!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been working on myself for the last 2 years the first year I lost 24 pounds and the second year I made a cleanup in my life. Now it is time ...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.