Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How stress and amount of sleep affect our weight loss journey
justmejust posted:
I think both continual stress and not getting to REM sleep every night affect my weight loss journey for the worse.

Continual stress produces hormones that prevent me from burning calories as I should.

Not sleeping my necessary 7 hours or more at night I miss my REM sleep. This prevents me from getting the calorie burn during REM sleep and also limits, or prevents, production of my hunger barometer hormone which is built up in REM sleep and causes me to eat too much of the wrong things the next day.

But now that I know these 2 things I am doing something about it. I am meditating ten minutes every day and breathing deep five minutes every day. And I am getting to bed by 10 pm every night and waking at 7.
Laura - Goal Weight 145: Current Weight 207: Starting Weight 225  Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. Joined on 7/17/2010
Was this Helpful?
5 of 6 found this helpful

Spotlight: Member Stories

So glad I found this support group. I am inclined 2 b a loner and now that I'm not working it's 2 ez 2 b a recluse (& eat). Hi school days...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.