Skip to content
Stand Up For Weight Loss
apierich posted:
One of my tricks I have started is standing more often. If I am in a place where there is a seat available I ask myself "How long am I going to be in this room anyway?" and if it is going to be less than 10 minutes I decide to just stand. It doesn't burn a lot of calories but it does burn some and keep you ready for movement. If ten minutes sounds like too long or is painful, start out with a smaller time limit and work your way up. Even as little as one minute of standing can burn something, and you don't have to fight to stand up from a possibly uncomfortable chair. I started at five minutes and have worked my way up over a couple months. I am planning on working up to thirty minutes little by little.
apierich- SW 249 GW 145 CW 205
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

mefirstforever responded:
Yes it's a good Idea but I can't stand for long.
So my trick is to park my car as far as possible at the mall or anywhere to do some walking. Take the stairs instead of the elevators or excalators.
Helene GW 150 CW 198 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

blondie454u responded:
Another thing that is that I try to always keep moving for the most part. If I know laundry or dishes need to be done anything like that I just go ahead and do it. I think to myself that is another way to burn a few extra calories.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

apierich replied to mefirstforever's response:
My mother-in-law had the same problem with hurting from standing for more than a minute in one place, so it's not for everyone. Kudos for the parking farther away and walking more, it helps alot to keep moving and hurts less than standing still. I've had back problems since I was a teenager and sometimes I still can't stay standing for more than a minute or two.
apierich- SW 249 GW 145 CW 205

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have lost over 100 lbs 2 times in my adult life. I was thin as a child. Due to some major surgeries when I was a young teen and the inability to be ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.