Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stair Climbing
JennKarchner posted:
Hi ya'll,

As my new years resolution I want to get down to 120. Here's what I found out about climbing stairs.

First off I'm a 20 year old college student and is constantly climbing the stairs now its been about a month since I started my resolution and I already had lost 5lbs from my starting weight.

I learn that if I do a slight run up the 40 stairs I can use about 2/10 of a pound. Also eating healthy food and drinking only water helps keep the weight off.
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

RonsBeverly responded:
Hello,

Way to go on the calculations for climbing the stairs, it is encouraging. I wish you well on your journey.

jis4judy responded:
good job starting your journey keep us posted on how you are doing
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
WTG! and Welcome.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Jenn,

WTG on that 5!

That's the way to think, though, to do what we can in our daiy lives and keep doing them when we have lost the weight.

Good for you.

Barb

mefirstforever responded:

Welcome Jenn,

Congrats on the 5 lbs !!!

You are so right about the water, it's winter and I find it hard to drink it compare to the summer.
Thank for the exercise tip.
Helene GW 140 CW 196 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always been fat, ever since the age of 8. I have tried diet after diet, diet pill after diet pill and I can't find anything that works. I n...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.