Skip to content
Making time to work out
Zevah posted:
I don't work on weekends so for me there is no excuse not to do some workout and still some days all I want is to be a couch potato.
But going to the gym on the weekends is even better than during the week. During the week I go to the gym before work and I have limited time to workout and during the weekend there is no pressure and that makes more enjoyable.
I always feel good after a work out with a feeling of accomplishment not to count more energy and that gives the bust I need to make better choices with my diet.
Today after my work I went home, icy me knees (I have arthritis) and snack on 5 whole grain cracker with hummus and an apple with low fat peanut butter.
In the past I would probably snack on regular cracker with cheese and something sweet like cookies, cake ...
Getting out of the couch really pays off !!!
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

rohvannyn responded:
Love it! I have a similar plan. You are right, the workout not only gives you more energy but at least for me makes me less likely to sabotage my efforts by eating something unhealthy. Keep it up!
-Roh

Courage is the price that Life exacts itself for granting peace. The soul that knows it not knows no release from little things...

blondie454u responded:
Great choices!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been gaining and loosing weight most of my adult life. The diet of choice has always been weight watchers. I've lost and gained 90 lbs mo...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.