Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Let me just say that my George Foreman has become my new best friend
dada1j posted:
I have had it for almost a decade now and dug it out of the cabinet a week ago because I remembered how easy it was for me to grill salmon on it. Yum!

I am getting short on time again as I have returned to work so every minute counts. I purchase the packages of plain frozen fillets from Wal-Mart or Publix; the kind that comes individually packaged at 4 oz and 130 calories each. I simply open the individual package, rinse it off, sprinkle it with some seasoning, drop it on the grille and close it. Less than 3 minutes later, I'm ready to eat. I rotate between the salmon, tilapia, perch or basa ( very delicious) with baby spinach on the side with a bit of dressing or just the fish by itself. Quick and easy. No prep time, easy to clean.

Chicken breast also comes frozen also and there is no need to defrost. Simply drop it on the grille and close it. Once some of the ice is melted, sprinkle with seasoning and close it back. Less than 5 minutes and it's done.
Was this Helpful?
19 of 30 found this helpful
FirstPrevious12NextLast

pallzy responded:
I just got a Foreman grill for Christmas and I love it too. Last I used it for shrimp. Although, I like to thaw my chicken breast before I put it on the grill. I haven't tried fish on it yet. My DH doesn't eat fish and can't stand the smell. But, I bet that would work out well too.

feduptwice replied to pallzy's response:
love my geogre grill. I use it all year around-especially on my fish. i put my fish,red peppers,onions for flavor, yummy...

jis4judy responded:
Hi dadaij

I allways wanted a forman grill but I really don;t have room in my kitchen for one
Hugs Judy:)

feduptwice replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy we are redoing my kitchen so i keep my george forman grill in a loundry room and take it out when i need it:)

pallzy replied to feduptwice's response:
Mine sits on top of my upper cabinets. Nice thing about being tall, I can use that space.

TCL38 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy the smaller ones don't take up much space at all...less space than two toasters to give you some idea.

I finally broke down and bought the largest one with my tax return and so far I've put it away once in the almost two months I've owned it! I LOVE IT! I use it almost every day and sometimes more than once a day. I even rearrange my counters so George can have a proper and permanent home. I love, love, love that all the grease drips away.

Tanya

jis4judy replied to TCL38's response:
Hi Tanya I even put my toaster away to keep my counter free of things that I don;t use often// maybe when I get done downsizeing my kitchen contents I may have roon in a cabinet for a George forman I have been doing a forced spring cleaning so I may have room eventually for somethimng so highly recomended
I did use one at my sons house while i was there and it certainly works great to keep boneless chicken moist//

TCL38 replied to jis4judy's response:
I love that you can throw boneless skinless chicken breast on it frozen! I am terrible at remembering to take food out of the freezer in the morning and I hate micro-defrosted meat but especially chicken. It's great for when I'm an airhead...pretty much everyday...lol

Tanya

ugogram replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy,
You say "No room for George"?. Believe me it would be worth it to find room even if on back porch dryer or store it any place (does not weigh much) and bring it out for use. I even do sliced vegetables on it. It is so easy to clean and if you live alone you do not need the very large one that is now advertised. It will be the BEST small investment you ever make.
Thanks,
ugogram

jis4judy replied to ugogram's response:
thanks for your vote for George...I will look into it
and see if I can find room for one,,,

Marci320 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks for posting all of this about the George Forman grill. I'd forgotten I had one and used it tonight for the first time in years, cooking a frozen chicken breast because I forgot to take something out for dinner. It was absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked so here is one more thumbs up vote for the grill! I agree that you need to find a space for one, Judy!

musique913 responded:
I love my foreman grill! I do chicken on it a lot, because it's so easy..agreed..easy cleaning good food!

Marci320 replied to musique913's response:
Musique, which grill do you have? I have a really old one that I dug out of the cabinet recently, and now I guess there is one with removable plates? What will they think of next! LOL I think I need a new Foreman grill. Can anyone recommend a model? I look on Amazon and there are a ton of them.

musique913 replied to Marci320's response:
I'd have to check, but it's really little, I need a new one too! lol!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi It's me-Miamama2 i had trouble with my password and had to create a whole new name but anyway-here is my story-I'm so ashamed to admit but...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.