Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Best way to loosing weight
aariellerenii posted:
I recently had a child 5 months ago. Im also breastfeeding an weight is not coming off of me at all im gaining. i dont eat right foods either never have but ita getting to the point i cant stand clothing,going places, or looking in mirrors. i have been trying to find a diet plan or a way to loose weight or what to do. My weight i was before my child was 130 and im now 220 height 5'11 any help???
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

jis4judy responded:
Hi aariellerenil
welcome to our board while you are nursing your baby you should try to eat as healthy as you can so that your baby and you get the best nutrients possible. You maybe could remove some weight while nursing but don;t go under 1700 cals
you have to allow some cals for the baby ...The healthier you eat the healthier your baby will be ...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Judy has given you great advice. You have to think of the baby like Judy says. Also remember weight loss is 80% food and 20% in exercise. Basically you have to get your food right first then you have to continue it for the rest of your life. This is a lifestyle change not a diet plan but a lifestyle plan.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout responded:
HI arielle, welcome to our group and congrats on your new baby!
As Judy says , eating healthier while breastfeeding is best for the baby.
Don't skip meals and make sure you have healthy snacks on hand.
One of the hardest things to get used to is correct portion sizes. For this reason, I'd suggest buying a couple of those 3 sectioned toddler plates.
Fill the largest section with veggies, heap those babies, but keep the sodium and fats like butter or dressings to a bare minimum.
One of the smaller sections, use for low fat meats like chicken breast, trimmed roast beef or pork, or sea food/fish.
(That area IS actually about the exact correct portion size btw.) -----meat servings are about the size of a can of tuna.
The other small section is for carbs like whole grain rice, whole grain pasta , or some sort of low sugar added/ or raw fruit.
Have a cup of 60 calorie Almond Milk, soy milk or skim.... OR water/tea/or coffee . DROP the POP! sodas are empty calories and/or have too many iffy additives.
As snacks, air popped popcorn w/ butter flavored cooking spray on it (0 calories), raw baby carrots with 1 tblsp peanut butter or ranch dressing, apple, pear, 1 c of sliced strawberries or a cup of grapes....
Again... focus on NUTRITION and portion sizes and you will do yourself and your new baby better justice.
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 180.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jean4u responded:
Hi, I would suggest looking for indoor swim pool that you can take baby to. I think you can use a infant holder made for pool use. Can you get out or mall to stroller your baby and get exercise?

Eat healthy and drink alot of fluids!

Barb

P.S. Congrats on the new baby!

itsashayduh responded:
One thing that my cousin does (she just had a baby about 6-7 months ago) is do mommy and me exercises.
If you look online such as youtube, you can find plenty.
She will do squats while holder her child, she will go on walks with the stroller and tons of other things.
The main thing to do is to exercise and eat healthy rather than cut calories just for the simple fact is that you need to provide those calories to your new baby.

Hope with helps
--Sash =)
SW 190 - CW 186 - GW 120

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined this community in Sept. of 2011 and I believe I was around 222 lbs. at that time. I began a "diet" in June 2011 at 265 lbs. I was m...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
61 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.