Skip to content
Getting the most out of oatmeal
SharonNVirginia posted:
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to regular unsweetened rolled oats and added freshly grated apple, made it with skim milk instead of water, added cinnamon and just a touch of brown sugar, it got me all the way to lunch.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

ausgram responded:
I agree. I don't eat the instant anymore. For one thing, its too sweet. I was using 2 pks, 1 like, apples & cinn and 1 plain, it still didn't cut the mustard. So I use the Old fashion oats. Much better. I just add 1 Tbs of brown sugar and fruit of anykind, normally a banana.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -191; GW -150 for now, will lower that if I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yoursel

jis4judy responded:
I had a similar experience I love oatmeal with a few craisins and apple diced in at the end of cooking I also use skim milk a dash of cinnamon and a few drops of vanilla a teaspoon of honey that keeps me satisfied till lunch too I also use the old fashioned oats
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rohvannyn replied to jis4judy's response:
And the old fashioned oats don't even take long to cook, maybe three minutes in the microwave. I wonder what other junk is put in the instant? Or what comes out of it when they make it instant? Sometimes I miss oats but (a) I'm mostly Paleo and (b) my spouse hates the smell!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

1andonlymelody responded:
I can't have this too many times a week too many carbs! Weather good carbs or bad, there are just too many. I'll have green tea or coffee and some type of fruit. Maybe you guys are allowed more carbs in your diet.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've come a long way. But there's still a long way to go...

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.