Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What I learned from Weight Loss Challenge 2
SharonNVirginia posted:
1. Food journalling with others is the fastest way to learn healthy eating. (if at least one eats healthy)

2. Weighing every day should be used in conjunction with a written log of weight. A small increase in weight is worth investigating. Did I eat too much sodium yesterday? Drink too little water? But should not discourage. Stay the course and correct your diet and exercize.

3. Exercize matters, but is the smaller part of the weight loss equation.

4. Your support group must keep you positive. Hopeless thoughts lead to hopeless actions.

5. Humor helps.

6. Measurements of as many possible parts of the body once per week ore so will give you something positive even if the scale doesn't .
Kim had us measure wrists, biceps, bust, waist, hips, lower tummy, thighs, calves and ankles. It is worth measuring both arms and legs and keeping a separate record.

7. Records are important. What kicked me off on my current effort was finding an old weight journal and seeing how I worked the weight off. Success fuels success'

Thanks to TotallyWiggedOut (Kim) and the gang
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

ausgram responded:
What I learned was Kim has mutated another Kim called Sharon. ha ha ha ha! Sharon I love your number 1. But most of us TRY to eat healthy. Right?

I love this group of girls. It has helped me so much to be a part of you all.

Welp, g'day Mate. Catch you on the run.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

mog1026 responded:
So true, all of it Sharon. Aussie, stay away from those Colorado fires, I know you Sheila's like BBQ, but that is ridiculous!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

totallywiggedout responded:
Sharon.... my MINI ME! I Always wanted a mini me!
Aus thinks I mutated but ... it was really like SPAWNING!
there are many many more carapaces down under the crust of the Earth , just waiting to become more pod people.....If one of us dies, there will be more to follow.... Something to look forward to , eh? haha ha heee heee hee!

I have to say, your number one on the list made me laugh also. This last time finding one of us that consistantly ate right was a challenge in and of itself. lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

SharonNVirginia replied to totallywiggedout's response:
As the last word on the subject, i would like to state for the record that I am Kim's Evil Spawn!!!! Bwahh hah hah,.

And there was always somebody doing something worth emulating. That's the great thing about a group, right? Especially a group under the wicked black snake bull whip of Kim the Enchanter......

Cocker Spaniel Kisses,

Sharon
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.