Don't be afraid to calculate cals in your favorite recipe
SharonNVirginia posted:
I always ASSUMED that my family's favorite beef stroganoff would be off-limits when I am dieting. But today I finally calculated the calories and I found that if I limit myself to one serving, it's within my meal limits.

It goes to show-don't assume. LOOK IT UP!
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

totallywiggedout responded:
True, but with every older recipe, there are ALWAYS ways to improve on them with the advent of fat free items now available.
Like with your stroganoff, ff sour cream would greatly reduce the entire dishes' calories without changing the overall consistancy or taste...
Then, there is also the opportunity to add nutritional oomph to the noodles using whole wheat, or even better, whole grain noodles.
Still, all in all. I'm glad that a comfort food from your past is still able to be on your plan for your journey. Like a soft blanket or favorite teddy bear, some things should never be given up.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Yes Sharon Most things can fit into a healthy eating plan with some changes especially serving size ...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
It's nice to still be able to eat our old favs, huh? When I first started logging my food, I was mostly shocked by the amount of calories, fat and sodium rather than the other way around, so good for you!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

blondie454u responded:
Good for you Sharon!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.