Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain Management
mardee posted:
I was hoping that we could start a pain management tip bored.
I know that also of people on her have issues with exercising because of pain. I am one of them.
The thing that are posted on here should be herbal, topical, OTC and so on. Nothing to do with prescriptions.
If anyone else has tried/heard of something that works, please post.

The first one is Camphor.
It is a oil or cream that is applied topically. You can get it at most herb stores. They actually use this in some pain prescription creams.
It works by helping blood flow. It should NEVER be taken orally.

Another one is Capsicun.
It is a oil or cream that is applied topically. You can get it at most herb stores. This works by revealing and numbing nerve pain.

If you do not have a herb store or close and you would like to try the above herb remedies.. I have a very cheap herb store by my house and would be more than happy to ship it to you. We could just find away to work something out.

Also, heat and cold alternations. When you have a stiff/achy joint. Alternate heat with ice packs and heating pad. Start with cold. Ice for 15 minutes, rest for 5 minutes, Heat for 15 minutes, rest for 5 minutes. And continue that pattern for about 1 hour and stop on the heat.

This will help with blood flow and swelling/inflammation.

I hope these help. If you are able to try these, please let me know how they work! They have worked for me.
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

mog1026 responded:
Great idea!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

rohvannyn responded:
Epsom salts soak helps pain in feet and ankles, it can help swelling and improves circulation. Same with epsom salts soak in bath tub. Don't do it if you have broken skin.

Massage, self administered or otherwise, helps with circulation and relaxation and can do an amazing amount for pain.

For oral pain, clove imouthwash s awesome. I make mine by mixing a spoonful or two of powdered clove with water (20 ounce bottle is nice so you can shake it). The longer it sits, the stronger it gets, and the sediment settles to the bottom. Swish and gargle with it for a minute or so. It's not poisonous, but probably best not to swallow. It soothes gums and sore throats, and also has some antibacterial properties.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

mardee replied to rohvannyn's response:
Speaking of clove....
Also Clove BUD oil is great for tummy pain such as ulcers and just bing upset. It has a numbing agent in it that helps.
Make sure is say Clove BUD Oil. Regular glove is to harsh and can cause irregular BM by numbing your bowels. That does not sound fun.
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

(Wow, could have sworn I saved my story already.) Here goes...I'll be 49 later this year (2013), and I've been overweight since about age 7 or...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.