Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sugar's effect on your body.
SharonNVirginia posted:
An hour and a half long but worth it. I will watch this multiple times until I know it by heart. Sugar leads to the immediate formation of fat. Sugar poisons the liver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Watch this before you feed your family another dessert.
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

jis4judy responded:
Hi Sharon it took me a long time to get through this but it was worth the time I got so much info from this I knew HFCS was bad for us but wasn;t aware of it.s toxic effect
thanks for posting this
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:
Each American consumes 141 pounds of sugar per year. 141 pounds! Wow! Fourteen 10 pound bags. I am 1/3 the way through the video Sharon...

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
Watched it all. Thank you so much Sharon.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

SharonNVirginia responded:
Sugar: The Bitter Truth from Dr. Robert H. Lustig of UCSF Medical School talks about sugar causing obesity. Please watch especially for the children in your life.

Smoochies, \\
Sharon'
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Gah, I was SO MAD today at the gym.... I took my tablet so that I could log on and read this while killing myself on the NUSTEP and their friggen router signal is so crappy , it wouldn't browse for me..... WAHHHHHHH!

So, tonight, I'm going to watch it instead of reading my usual book. grrrrrrrrr

Ah well, I'll get it in tonight.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh Kim I hate that when the internet is so slow I recently purchased the fitday PC it is a program that doesn't need internet access it was only 20 bucks and I was able to import all my info from fitday online so I have been using that recently last week or so .It however seems to think I burn more calories than the online version I will not be fooled I know what I need to maintain..Lol let me know what you think about that video I was very impressed with it ..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I just had my heart set on watching that sugar vid during my workout. It made me mad that none of the employees seem to know anything about the "free internet" or even the clock that came up missing in the pool area so we have no idea what time it is once we leave the main workout rooms.

sucks.... sigh.... I rant therefore I am

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

ausgram replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon, while I was on that cancer diet, most of the books said, "Cancer feeds on sugar." I will watch it tonight. Right now I am way too nervous about my lazer surgery on both eyes. Sometimes I think I want to cancel this appointment, then I think, I don't want to get glaucoma either. the doc said I had a 95% chance of getting it without the surgery but 1% cance of getting it after the surgery. So I'm heading there this after noon. Gulp. When I get home I want to see this video.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

rachael2011 replied to ausgram's response:
Will be praying for you. You'll do good though. It's amazing that the glaucoma chances go down so much with the surgery.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

shelsangel responded:
Thank you for the link. HUGGS
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS

ausgram replied to rachael2011's response:
Thank you Rach - It went well. My eyes burned for 3 hours afterwards but now I'm fine.

I watched that video. WOW, over an hour long. He didn't really say saything I didn't already new. Cept, I didn't k now kids were obese even at 6 months old. Whew!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi sandy glad you made it through the surgery OK that's what I remember that my eye I only had it in one eye felt burning sensation for a few hours after .

sittingbull594 replied to jis4judy's response:
been wanting to watch this. thinking of my 7.5 mo. old granddaughter. she's pretty chubby but mom and dad are thinnsters. I haven't been to the part yet about the poison. but so many things are striking me crazy!!!!

So glad Mog posted this link! Excellent. I'm at the part about yuckon and the white stuff book that everything came true what he prophetized.

I will finish tomorrow. Have so much on my plate can't get it all done in a course of one day. leftovers I guess eh?
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a native Western New Yorker in the midst of a battle for my health whilst living abroad, away from my friends and family. I've been gainfu...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.