Skip to content
Walk and Water!
foodadvenger posted:
Walk till you look plum dumb, through some cardo in there, punching, reach for the sky, get that heart rate, several times a day, keeps you burning calories all day long, great metabolism booster.

Water, and a lot of it, flushes out all the poison in your body, helps regulate bowel movements, try to get in a gallon a day!

When I use the bathroom when I use to work, on my breaks, I would do wall push ups on the wall or door. Sometimes just take the touch my toes 10 times, or do a few squats, it really helps keep that heart rate all day long, and you do it in small amounts, it is not so hard on your body.

Steph
Was this Helpful?
7 of 7 found this helpful
FirstPrevious12NextLast

blondie454u responded:
I have an exercise ball at my desk that I sit on sometimes.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber, the exercise ball...... I have lower back problems, as you know.... does the ball help relieve the stress on your back too, or is it mainly for balance and core?
and , have you seen the stands that you put your ball into, the ones with legs?? makes your exercise ball into more like a papasan chair, lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yes it is great for the lower back! That's why I got it. It relieves so much stress off my back. It does help with balance and core too. I haven't seen the stands but we do use them for leg workouts.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

foodadvenger replied to blondie454u's response:
like wow, I have a yoga ball, that is like 8 pds, but WOW! I can't imagine setting on a ball balancing myself, with wheels on the chair...LOL..I will be in the floor..You guys go!!!Steph

totallywiggedout replied to foodadvenger's response:

Now they even have foam balls the same size as the blow up ones, so that you don't have to ever "pump it up" again, lol

huggs
k

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

ladylavender replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I've heard of those balls on which u can sit at your desk. It is supposed to be a way of burning calories because u have to stay balanced. Never saw anything like this, Kim! It looks scary unless I could lock wheels in place.

Where could I find a balancing ball that would hold my weight?? Obviously not right now with this broken wing, but if it helps lower back pain, I need to look into it!!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

foodadvenger responded:
yeah Kim, I have never seen such, I was like...wow..and WOW..it is scarier than them sombies you and Kathy watch...LOL! and it has wheels. It is like a accident waiting to happen...I will have to show mother..she is terrified of rolling chairs...she is 61..this will really scare her! Steph

Oh I have two of them balls like that in different sizes. I never thought to make them a permanent chair in my home!

totallywiggedout replied to ladylavender's response:
Abby,
I had asked about the heaviest yoga balls for larger people when I was in rehab, because I was worried that the ball they had me using was too light to hold me. Theirs was a DuraBall. Load capacity is 1100 lbs and total load bearing is 4400 lbs. Unless you plan on using this while riding an adult camel (two hump) then you should be ok using one of these, lol.
The drawback is that they are professional grade, extra heavy duty and cost an arm and a leg.... around $80 US.
Worth it? Yes, if you plan to really use it. If not..... wait till you've dropped some weight. The Walmart Bally ones hold about 250 lbs. As long as you don't jump around on them.

DuraBall site is....

http://www.duraball.com/

hope this helps

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks Amber. Great news about the yoga balls... I may get mine out again.

huggs
k

ladylavender replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks, Kim, for the info!!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I have a few of those balls in my basement in storage I may dig them out and blow them up and start using one on my chair and see how that works this is an interesting thread
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

foodadvenger replied to jis4judy's response:
yeah it could not hurt, balancing is a great thing. Kim has a cool idea! Steph

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I'm not sure you should try it on a regular chair, as it may roll and you are going to be pretty high up there.
Have you got an old wooden legged footstool that is ratty? If so, you could take the top off it and leave the frame.... then put the ball onto that....thinking , thinking , thinking.... lol
otherwise , I'll tell you what would be cheap and easy.
Get an old tire rim, like a fire ring.... and use that as your ball stand. It won't budge and the ball should be really stable without being too high.

huggs
k

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
thanks kim for the suggestions

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well, my name is Mardee. I am 22 years old and married to my amazing husband for almost 3 years now. And here is my story. I used to be thinner than...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.